Is this a good workout?

Options
Hi - I was just looking some second opinions on my work out!
Im 260lbs, 5ft 7, 33 years old and this is my 3rd week at the gym.

Cardio
8km on the cross trainer in 33 minutes
5km on the bike in 15 minutes

Strength
8000kg's lifted in total - I use all the machines (dont know the names of them all) but do 2 x 15 sets on each and the weigh varies between 15kg and 25kg

I do this 3 times per week!!

Much advice needed please!! xo

Replies

• climbamnt
    climbamnt Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    bump
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Sounds like a solid workout.

Not knowing your goals, I would say that the workout you describe should help you in burning fat, building lean muscle, and increase your overall fitness (provided you're diet is good and the last few reps of each set are more difficult than the first few reps).

Once you've done this for 6-8 weeks, you may want to make some adjustments. You may want to incorporate some free-weight exercises (squats, deadlifts, bench press, over the head press, to name a few). You may want to look at modifying your cardio program. Things like that, but for starting out, I think you're on a pretty good start.

Good luck, keep up the great work!
  • LMEGAW
    LMEGAW Posts: 13
    Options
    Thanks Chris! I just want to loose weight and have no excess skin when I do! Thanks for ur advice! Its always good to hear from someone else what they think!
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    You are smart in that you are incorporating resistance/strength-training early on, that will help in reducing the excess skin. Just keep at it, and gradually increase the resistance over time - and you should find good progress.