Bulking While Eating "Clean" - Need Advice

Options

Replies

• denezy
    denezy Posts: 573 Member
    Options
    Did you really eat bacon grease for dinner?

i save my bacon drippings and use them as cooking oil. used it to coat my homemade sweet potato fries

Not quite as fun as when I pictured you spooning it into your mouth, but still sounds delicious.
  • kwilliam2
    kwilliam2 Posts: 35
    Options
    Natural peanut butter, whole raw almonds, and raw unsalted dry roasted peanuts are all whole, healthy, and even cheap sources of calories for me.
  • MercenaryNoetic26
    MercenaryNoetic26 Posts: 2,747 Member
    Options
    Collagen shots. Go the cosmetic route.
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    No way dude. You must be confusing net calories with total consumed calories. If you are getting a daily net calorie intake of more than 2800 calories and not gaining weight, then you are are counting WAY wrong. In other words, you need 2800 calories surplus. You eat 2800 if you do nothing all day. If you do heavy activities or exercise worth, let's say 700calories, then you'd need to eat 3500 cals worth of food. I haven't looked at your profile but I'm assuming you're 5'10ish and maybe 175-180 lbs. If I'm wrong, correct me.

totally sorry misinterpreted what you were saying.

i'm actually even smaller than that, haha, but the issue like I mentioned earlier is that I don't know my TDEE because calculators significantly underestimate it. If my TDEE sans workout is 2200 like most say, and I'm eating 3000, and I rarely burn even close 800 calories working out, you'd expect a gain right? at least a slow gain? But it wasn't till I bumped up to 3,500 last year that I started gaining at ALL.

I'm still learning, myself. But no calculators are going to fit everyone. Just start somewhere and adjust. Use measurements and mirrors. Not scales. Remember its no short process. So don't get frustrated by expecting daily changes.
  • TheDevastator
    TheDevastator Posts: 1,626 Member
    Options
    Avocados, Olives, olive oil, coconuts, coconut oil, nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, etc.), and seeds (hemp, flax, sesame, pumpkin etc.), raw honey, elk, bison and organic chicken or turkey
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Avocados, Olives, olive oil, coconuts, coconut oil, nuts (almonds, pecans, walnuts, cashews, etc.), and seeds (hemp, flax, sesame, pumpkin etc.), raw honey, elk, bison and organic chicken or turkey

All those are great sources. For bulking I got 50/50 on the calories that come from Carbs and Fat. The rest of my calories come from Protein. Sweet Potatoes, Brown Rice, Coconut Oil, and like carb sources are great.
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    oh yeah brown rice, wild rice, quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, duck, goose, salmon, tuna, and sardines
  • CoachReddy
    CoachReddy Posts: 3,949 Member
    Options
    Thanks guys. Appreciate it.
  • waldo56
    waldo56 Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    Not sure if serious....

This seems more like a hey look at me, I gained muscle and lost fat all by eating clean, take that you IIFYM poo poo heads, thread moreso than anything.
  • xDawnsgrace
    xDawnsgrace Posts: 436
    Options
    avacado, olive oil, nuts, rice, oats, that kinda stuff is great. :D
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    Not sure if serious....

This seems more like a hey look at me, I gained muscle and lost fat all by eating clean, take that you IIFYM poo poo heads, thread moreso than anything.

Lol really? Actually its an "I had a meeting with my agent who told me to gain weight and I thought that's what I'd been doing over the last year but apparently even though I've gained weight I look skinnier so I'm trying to figure out how to fix that" thread, so I came here to get advice and opinions other than mine. Sorry you felt I had an ulterior motive... I didnt and don't.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    avacado, olive oil, nuts, rice, oats, that kinda stuff is great. :D

Good stuff. Thanks. :)
  • TheDevastator
    Options
    You're an actor? Try Eating for Beauty by David Wolfe. I'm currently reading it.
  • CoachReddy
    Options
    You're an actor? Try Eating for Beauty by David Wolfe. I'm currently reading it.

Just checked it out on amazon. That's fascinating. Thanks for the recommendation!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    You need these supplement along with your diet:

cleaning%20products.jpg

Remember: bad hygeine kills your gains.
  • astronomicals
    astronomicals Posts: 1,537 Member
    Options
    fat...
  • MarcPower
    MarcPower Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    There are some pretty good weight gainers out there. You can check out http://www.amazon.com/Optimum-Nutrition-Complex-Gainer-Chocolate/dp/B0015R3A1S

Good gainers are pretty well blended to fit macros. It is probably easier and tastier than some of the other options.
  • LolBroScience
    LolBroScience Posts: 4,537 Member
    Options
    What do your workouts even consist of?
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    Bacon :blushing:
  • AnR28
    AnR28 Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Two servings of peanut butter could potentially have you up to extra 450-500 cals ... (4 tablespoons) ... could put it in a shake or eat it w/ fruit or veggies depending on your carb timing.