Quick question about car stereo install

Options
sparklelioness
sparklelioness Posts: 600 Member
Am i supposed to tip the install dude? I bought a$300 stereo couple yrs ago, its being replaced with a new one (diff model) under warranty. Should i tip? How much- ten-fifteen bux? Picking it up in half hour. HALP.

Replies

• TylerJ76
    TylerJ76 Posts: 4,375 Member
    Options
    What's bux?
    What's HALP?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options
    What's bux?
    What's HALP?

Hip words.
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    Nevermind. Sorry to have offended.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    Nevermind. Sorry to have offended.

Who was offended?
  • sparklelioness
    Options
    Apparently you and Tyler, beacause i typed 'bux' instead of dollars, and had the gall to write 'halp' (generally used as a comical form of "help") at the end.
  • TylerJ76
    Options
    Apparently you and Tyler, beacause i typed 'bux' instead of dollars, and had the gall to write 'halp' (generally used as a comical form of "help") at the end.

I'm confused.
    I'm Tyler?
  • spade117
    spade117 Posts: 2,466 Member
    Options

I'm confused.
    I'm Tyler?

Friggin Tylers...buncha jerks.
  • sparklelioness
    Options

I'm confused.
    I'm Tyler?

Got you and the other guy mixed up. Who was offended? Apparently the two people who answered this post.

Clearer for you now?
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options
    Am i supposed to tip the install dude? I bought a$300 stereo couple yrs ago, its being replaced with a new one (diff model) under warranty. Should i tip? How much- ten-fifteen bux? Picking it up in half hour. HALP.

OK.
    If it is at a "box store" (Best Buy), then slip the guy a 20.
    If it is a small mom and pop place, no tip is needed since it is probably the owner doing the work anyway.

And yes, spelling word like snoop dog will get you made fun of.
  • TX_Thundercat
    TX_Thundercat Posts: 2,437 Member
    Options
    I am so offended right now.

But seriously, I have never tipped a installer....
  • sparklelioness
    Options

OK.
    If it is a small mom and pop place, no tip is needed since it is probably the owner doing the work anyway.

It seems some people here are a bit uptight. Spelling like Snoop Dogg? For saying 'bux'? I'm sorry but that's monumentally stupid.

Got my question answered already, but thanks for throwing in an answer along with the spelling lecture. Although you left the s off 'word'. Or were you trying to be hip and say 'word', like Snoop Dogg?

Also, it's called a "big box store", not just a "box store". How dare you type such a thing? Almost as bad as me typing "halp". Careful, it's a slippery slope to the misspelling sinner's world where I reside.
  • digitalbill
    digitalbill Posts: 1,410 Member
    Options

OK.

It seems some people here are a bit uptight. Spelling like Snoop Dogg? For saying 'bux'? I'm sorry but that's monumentally stupid.

Got my question answered already, but thanks for throwing in an answer along with the spelling lecture. Although you left the s off 'word'. Or were you trying to be hip and say 'word', like Snoop Dogg?

Also, it's called a "big box store", not just a "box store". How dare you type such a thing? Almost as bad as me typing "halp". Careful, it's a slippery slope to the misspelling sinner's world where I reside.
    There is a big difference between a simple misspelling and an intentional "I am trying to be cool" misspelling.
    "box store or "big box store" is the same as "soda" or "pop".
    Look, I tried to be nice however, you obviously are not willing to accept the "halp" so, good luck with your future.
  • sparklelioness
    Options

OK.

There is a big difference between a simple misspelling and an intentional "I am trying to be cool" misspelling.
    "box store or "big box store" is the same as "soda" or "pop".
    Look, I tried to be nice however, you obviously are not willing to accept the "halp" so, good luck with your future.

Lol, my future? Take it easy, bub. As for your "help" laced with condecension, I'll pass, thanks :). Hint: rethink how you "try to be nice".

PS- posing in front of your car like that makes you cool... When we women see that we usually wonder what the guy's compensating for. ;)