Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Popcorn

lahalab
lahalab Posts: 41 Member
IS air popped popcorn healthy?? and how much can a person eat.

Replies

• Kanuenue
    Kanuenue Posts: 253 Member
    Air popped popcorn is a whole grain carbohydrate which is great. It's low calorie as long as its naked and after that it is only as healthy as the toppings on it.

How much can a person eat? I ask this, how much do you want to eat? It gives a lot of volume for a small amount of calories so it's great snack if you are trying to fill up without making a huge dent in your daily calories. Pair it with a healthy protein for some satiety power.
  • mgmlap
    mgmlap Posts: 1,377 Member
    i can easily down 4 cups of popcorn..and its not so bad...i have an air popper..and if i want something crunchy..its a good thing. i will sprinkle whatever i have at home..sometimes chili powder..sometimes kettle corn stuff..sugar salt..either way..its way better than microwave popcorn..(although delicious)...cause you can add little or alot of seasoning...
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,749 Member
    I love popcorn. I don't have an air popper but I do make my own microwave popcorn where I put kernels in a paper bag and microwave them. I DO add butter and salt but I like it that way.