Beef and Noodles Help

Options
I have leftover roast and want to make a beef and noodles recipe. But the last few times I have made it, it has tasted to bland and I cant figure out how to make it taste edible and enjoy eating it. So if anyone has any ideas pls help me. Thanks.:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

Replies

• malmustafa79
    malmustafa79 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    My mom makes beef and noodles all the time so I asked her how she makes it but it doesnt sound very healthy. She cuts up a meduim sized onion and browns that with a stick of butter lol add the meat add some wostershire sauce salt and pepper. Then let that boil for about 15 min then add noodles. Maybe you can do it without all that butter.
  • JustAmy
    JustAmy Posts: 291
    Options
    If you add a little fat free sour cream and some chives, it's really good and they don't add many calories at all:flowerforyou:
  • hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    garlic is alway a great flavor enhancer w/no calories
  • hmwth
    hmwth Posts: 25
    Options
    use No Yolks egg noodles and try one of the V8 sauces. I like the orange ginger. Also cook meat in water with spices, not butter or oil.
  • aedfit
    aedfit Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    My new favorite spice is Emeril Lagasse's Bayou Blast. I use it in everything. Gives it a little kick and a ton of flavor. I'm considering buying stock in it. :-)
  • Nancy2010
    Options
    You can always go the Asian route and add a little bit of Oyster and Hoisen sauce. Good stuff!
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    I love doing beef strogonoff. Cook the noodles... then add ground beef and beef boullion cubes. The water should evaporate and the beef will cook...once the water is evaporated (or you can drain it), throw some sour cream in it and stir it all up. SO GOOD! You could use reduced fat sour cream, reduced fat cream cheese (it's softer than normal cream cheese), or use plain/unflavored yogurt to cut calories and fat.