Keep it movin, movin. Keep it movin'

fiendiish
fiendiish Posts: 186
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
How many calories do you aim to burn in a day with exercise? Do you go by your MFP goals? Personal goals? Or whatever you have the energy to do? Do you ever have to stop yourself from exercising even though you have the energy so you won't burn too many in one day?

Replies

• hamiltonba
    hamiltonba Posts: 474 Member
    I don't look at how much exercise I need to do in order to burn a certain amount of calories. I set goals for my self that I repeatly improve upon. Example: I am jogging 2 miles a day and 2-3 times a week I lift weights. I think it is more important to find a routine that you will do for the rest of your life and then make it a habit. Most of the people that I know who are fit exercise daily without thinking about calorie burn.
  • shellshalla
    shellshalla Posts: 263 Member
    I actually do. I try to burn 400-600 calories on my work-out days which is usually 6 days a week. Sometimes it's a little more. But I don't let myself stop without 300 burned at least. I vary what I do to burn those calories with running, incline walking/running, interval running, strength training, dvds, and so on. I guess I've never stopped myself from burning more, but probably because I'm pretty tired when done and feel like I've got a good workout. I also use a Polar F6 heart rate monitor, so I know exactly what i'm burning.
  • leslie626
    leslie626 Posts: 12
    I actually do. I try to burn 400-600 calories on my work-out days which is usually 6 days a week. Sometimes it's a little more. But I don't let myself stop without 300 burned at least. I vary what I do to burn those calories with running, incline walking/running, interval running, strength training, dvds, and so on. I guess I've never stopped myself from burning more, but probably because I'm pretty tired when done and feel like I've got a good workout. I also use a Polar F6 heart rate monitor, so I know exactly what i'm burning.

EXACTLY what she said!!
  • BullDozier
    BullDozier Posts: 237 Member
    I wish I had the energy to get the to the point where I had to worry about burning too many! I'm such a lazy bum, that was my whole problem in the first place.

I try to follow a plan (right now, I'm doing insanity, as well as talking a walk over the lunch hour). I don't have a specific calorie goal, I just decide on a plan that seems to work, and the calorie effect is secondary. Just the way I do it, though.
This discussion has been closed.