Feminine Problem

I drink a lot of water. A LOT. So I pee probably once and hour, sometimes even twice. This is all good. However, when I am on my period this is ANNOYING because I'm wasting tampons that are only in for like a half hour and those things are EXPENSIVE. What do I do? ):

Replies

• TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    So don't change it?
  • Tanja_CHH
    Tanja_CHH Posts: 216 Member
    This might seem disgusting to some, but put them in as far as you can without feeling pain and tbh they should just stay up there and also not be touched by the wee. Thats what I do :P And then I change it when its slipped out enough (around 3-4 hours)
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Hold the phone - why do you change it every time you pee?
  • FireEngineRedHead
    FireEngineRedHead Posts: 281 Member
    This might seem disgusting to some, but put them in as far as you can without feeling pain and tbh they should just stay up there and also not be touched by the wee. Thats what I do :P And then I change it when its slipped out enough (around 3-4 hours)

O.O you can do that? Thank you!
  • FireEngineRedHead

I just feel weird if I don't... idk... creature of habit?
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Menstraul cup-problem solved
  • RATSMITH69
    RATSMITH69 Posts: 127 Member

LOL glad you asked cause I was gonna......
  • Ashwee87
    Ashwee87 Posts: 695 Member

/shudder

I know some really like it but those things are beyond disgusting to me.

OP, you are not the only one. I usually change mine every time I go; though...I haven't really had a period in a few months. Just spotting like everyday....blah. lol
  • Jamtart9
    Jamtart9 Posts: 13
    So I can see why you'd change it when you pee, you don't want a wet string hanging around. My solution is to tuck the string to the side in the crease between my leg, then it doesn't get wet and you don't waste tampons.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    maybe because i leaks through perhaps really badly when she pees perhaps? I would say cut down on the amount of water you drink during your time of month to help you pee less and not have to go through so many.
  • BPL021
    BPL021 Posts: 3
    Nevermind the expense, if you leave a tampon in for less or more than the recommended time, you can get Toxic Shock Syndrome, which of course is fatal. You are supposed to leave your tampon in even if you pee, unless you are a beginner when it comes to wearing tampons. But if you have been wearing them for a while, you should follow the recommended time, even if that means leaving your tampon in when you pee.
  • FireEngineRedHead
    You all are magical unicorns. Thank you. I did not know such things were possible. They should teach this in school. They teach boys to use condoms but teach girls nothing.
  • DandelionCupcakes
    DandelionCupcakes Posts: 234 Member
    Pads?

I wouldn't cut down on your water just to save tampons. x-x Maybe that's just me, though.
  • cici1028
    cici1028 Posts: 799 Member
    Oh I'm giggling! I was all worried for a moment that I was SUPPOSED to change them every time I pee. :) And I would have been very wrong for the past 20 years!! :) Yes, you don't need to change them when you use the bathroom. Every 4 - 6 hours should do it. Phew!
  • rmhand
    rmhand Posts: 1,067 Member

O.O you can do that? Thank you!

Yup! You can double check the instructions in the box.
    I do love my Diva Cup.
  • lisa799
    lisa799 Posts: 79 Member
    Oh I'm giggling! I was all worried for a moment that I was SUPPOSED to change them every time I pee. :)
    Me too! I got worried for a second that I was doing something wrong!
  • kelfran1
    kelfran1 Posts: 1,213 Member

^^Seconded.

Back when I used to use tampons, I noticed that the 'super' ones didn't fit all the way in, and so I couldn't use them without peeing on them. So maybe if you think that is the problem, use the 'slender' kind.
  • sunshinesquared
    sunshinesquared Posts: 2,733 Member

LOL glad you asked cause I was gonna......

Me too! I'm still imagining your changing this once to twice an hour.....O U C H!!!!!
    Seriously...no need to do that!
  • Lalouse
    Lalouse Posts: 221 Member
    You all are magical unicorns. Thank you. I did not know such things were possible. They should teach this in school. They teach boys to use condoms but teach girls nothing.

Ha!
    The lesson on condoms is for both boys and girls. Sometimes the girl has to do it (or should).

But you're right.. they don't teach us what they should.
  • glovepuppet
    glovepuppet Posts: 1,713 Member
    they're supposed to sit high in your tube. pee comes out of an entirely different hole. there is no need to change it!