is this gross?

Options

Replies

• throttle2009
    Options
    Ehhhh... I drink from glasses at restaurants.
    lol most people don't think about this. Its the same damn thing

ya^^^ that!..You probably are way above what most bars or restaurants do to sanitize their glasses!..
  • Cliffslosinit
    Cliffslosinit Posts: 5,044 Member
    Options
    Look at it. Does it look like yours!?
    Touch it. Does it feel like yours!?
    Smell it. Does it smell like somebody pee'd in it!? It's yours! :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL YOUR AWNSERS TOO FUNNY! and that's what i thought! he made me feel like a hobo lol i could of swore it wasn't that gross to reuse a bottle that came with the bike. I'm going to take that bottle drink out of it around the house when he gets home hahah prolly not but when we go for a ride
  • EatClean_WashUrNuts
    EatClean_WashUrNuts Posts: 1,590 Member
    Options
    the majority of germs and viruses breakdown in about 2 days. HIV within hours. More serious, plague-like...yeah buy a new one!

Bacteria called mesophiles, such as the tuberculosis-causing Mycobacterium tuberculosis, survive best at room temperature and are likely to thrive longer than cold-loving psychrophiles or heat-loving thermophiles. According to Tierno, at room temperature and normal humidity, Escherichia coli (E. coli), a bacteria found in ground beef that causes food poisoning, can live for a few hours to a day. The calicivirus, the culprit of the stomach flu, lives for days or weeks, while HIV dies nearly instantly upon exposure to sunlight. Other microbes form exoskeleton-like spores as a defense mechanism, like the bacteria Staphylococcus aureus, which is responsible for toxic shock syndrome, food poisoning, and wound infections. In this way, they can withstand temperature and humidity extremes. Tierno says this bacterial spore can survive for weeks on dry clothing using sloughed skin cells for food. The Bacillus anthracis, the anthrax bacteria, can also form spores and survive tens to hundreds of years.
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Drink on the sly.
    What he doesn't know....:wink:
  • jlapey
    jlapey Posts: 1,850 Member
    Options
    Anything that didn't come out after the severe cleaning you gave is hardly going to come out while you're drinking from it. I wouldn't worry about it unless hubby refused to kiss you if drink from it. haha
  • TubbsMcGee
    TubbsMcGee Posts: 1,058 Member
    Options
    Drink on the sly.

...until you get the Herp.
    THEN I think he'll suspect something is up.
  • Guillotined
    Guillotined Posts: 115
    Options
    THANKS FOR ALL YOUR AWNSERS TOO FUNNY! and that's what i thought! he made me feel like a hobo lol i could of swore it wasn't that gross to reuse a bottle that came with the bike. I'm going to take that bottle drink out of it around the house when he gets home hahah prolly not but when we go for a ride

K... now that she's been actually drinking out of it; let's all tell her that we actually think its gross and wouldn't actually drink out of it.:smokin:
  • lmarshel
    lmarshel Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    When you buy a new bottle in the store, they are not sealed. And people have had their hands all over them, not to mention what gets on them when they are shipped. (I work in shipping and receiving... you don't want to know.)

Personally, I'm not a germophobe. I would def use it.
  • michellekicks
    michellekicks Posts: 3,624 Member
    Options
    I bought a used breast pump and used it... meh...
  • metaphoria
    metaphoria Posts: 1,432 Member
    Options
    The bleach'll probably kill you before the bottle does. :tongue:
  • CallmeFrida
    CallmeFrida Posts: 197 Member
    Options

K... now that she's been actually drinking out of it; let's all tell her that we actually think its gross and wouldn't actually drink out of it.:smokin:

lmao! i didn't yet! but that would be soooo hilarious lol i'm not like holding the bottle as i'm typing on my laptop :laugh:
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,229 Member
    Options
    Yes.

I wouldn't even have bleached it... :ohwell:
  • Tw1zzler
    Tw1zzler Posts: 583
    Options
    It's cleaner than most restaurant glasses! Go for it! = ) I need to find a used mountain bike.. mine sucks!
  • Mustang_Susie
    Mustang_Susie Posts: 7,045 Member
    Options
    Drink on the sly.

...until you get the Herp.
    THEN I think he'll suspect something is up.

Oh sure, right away... :tongue:
  • danasings
    danasings Posts: 8,218 Member
    Options
    I would use it, be careful if you decide to put it in the dishwasher though as it may melt, it gets pretty hot in there! I melted the kids drinking bottles, lol.

I think the boiling water she put it in already would've melted it if it were going to melt. (You have to put plastic in the top rack, BTW.) But she doesn't have a dishwasher...
  • Guillotined
    Options

lmao! i didn't yet! but that would be soooo hilarious lol i'm not like holding the bottle as i'm typing on my laptop :laugh:

Oh, damn =[ I pictured you sitting on your bike, drinking out of your bottle and browsing mfp. :drinker:
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

I did think it was a little weird when you responded to my craigslist ad!! :P

Ehhhh...they're expensive! Lucky for insurance coverage :)
  • maab_connor
    maab_connor Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    i would buy a new seat faster than a new bottle... i'm not sure what that says about me...
  • Guillotined
    Options

I did think it was a little weird when you responded to my craigslist ad!! :P

I'm strangely turned on...