Best calorie counter online?

kspeach
kspeach Posts: 179 Member
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I am quite overweight, and I've calculated calories burned for 30 minutes of walking (3mph) at my weight on like 4 different online calcs, and none of them match! They are off by up to 150-200 calories! This site, by far, has the lowest of them. If I am burning more than it says, I can add in 100 more calories or so, I think, and still be 'on goal'.

This is only day 2!! Diet and exercise started yesterday! :)

Thanks in advance!!

C

Replies

• Iffer75
    Iffer75 Posts: 2,817 Member
    I highly recommend a Heart Rate Monitor. It will be the closest you can get to your calorie burn. Make sure it is one with a strap. They are much more reliable. The Polar F4 and F6 seem to be favorites on this site.

I wish you the best of luck in your journey to a happier and healthier lifestyle. :bigsmile:
  • DrBorkBork
    DrBorkBork Posts: 4,099 Member
    MFP tends to be pretty generous when it comes to exercise calories. The only way to really tell what you're burning is investing in a quality heart rate monitor.
  • foxxybrown
    foxxybrown Posts: 838 Member
    The only way to more accurately predict how many calories you are burning is to buy a heart rate monitor. But it would also be better to underestimate the calories you are burning rather than overestimate so go with the lowest number.
  • kspeach
    kspeach Posts: 179 Member
    Thanks.
  • I use the free Calories Counter at http://www.fitclick.com.
This discussion has been closed.