QUESTION FOR WOMEN ABOUT TOM

Options
Hey guys,

I started my period today but it is over a week early and the other month it also came too early.....I don't know if any of you guys have experienced anything similar.....I can only assume its because I have 1200 cals a day but I just wanted to know if this is normal?

x

Replies

• MommyofLily
    MommyofLily Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    I am having the opposite problem and getting my period every 38-40 days... which is way too long and by the time I do have it, it's a bad one (extra painful and heavy). I think it could potentially be normal just because our bodies are getting used to new diet and fitness routines. Give it another month or two maybe and see if it normalizes. If it doesn't, it might be a good idea to go to the doc. I have been tested because of my weird cycles, and they just tell me I'm perfectly normal.
  • 00trayn
    00trayn Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    From what I've heard, both the change in diet and exercise, and your body having to adjust having the same amount of hormones in a smaller body can mess with your TOM. I'd say give it a bit longer to see if it evens out from adjusting to the new lifestyle, if not check with a doctor.
  • heather62803
    heather62803 Posts: 266 Member
    Options
    I'm having the same issue - mine is almost two weeks early. I think my is probably a lot of hormonal changes (I quit breastfeeding my son about 3 month ago and I'm told that this is normal) but I think exercise does play a role - once your body starts to get used to the new exercise routine I think everything else will average out too, I posted on this today too, how funny is that! I believe I'm just going to go with it, unless I start cramping heavily or something like that- in that case I think a call to the doc is warrented, but I think its just a normal thing us women have to go through!
  • nicolina823
    nicolina823 Posts: 450 Member
    Options
    I wish I had that problem. For the last 2 months I was 3 almost 4 weeks late. Very painful and so tired for 2 weeks. The mood swings were CRAZY! This would be the week I would get in on my normal schedule. So I'm guessing it will be another 2 weeks before it shows its ugly self again. :(