If you use that "cup" thing during TOM...

Options
where in the heck do you wash it out when you are in public? Or even at home for that matter if you live with others and share a bathroom?

Replies

• WickedZoey
    WickedZoey Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    ..... i don't use a "cup" thing, sorry.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    But the REAL question is what do you do when you have to pee? You just pee in the cup or do you have to take the cup out every time to go pee?!

Edit to add:

AXVCLBt.jpg
  • dford5
    dford5 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    But the REAL question is what do you do when you have to pee? You just pee in the cup or do you have to take the cup out every time to go pee?!

The vagina and urethra are two separate things.
  • MariaChele85
    MariaChele85 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    I thought they were/ are disposable and you flush them down.
  • Alyssah09
    Alyssah09 Posts: 357 Member
    Options
    @ SlickFootAnna

I literally just peed myself. That was the most AWESOME thing I have ever read!

@ OP I have never used one nor do I ever intend to. Im happy sticking with good ol' fashion tampons.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options
    WTF Anna...I'm not reading that, lol!

You wash it in the sink...the whole idea is that you don't need to change it every two hours. You shouldn't really need to deal with it in public.

adini, seriously? Your urine and your mestrual blood do not even come out of the same hole! Urethra and vagina are not the same, lol
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options

You know blood and urine come from different "holes", right?

On the rare occasions when I may need to empty mine in public (I can usually go 8 hours between cleanings) I make sure to have some flushable wipes with me. I dump the contents in the toilet, wipe out the cup, and put it back in. Simple. A second wipe can be used to clean my hands if I have to leave the stall to get to the sink.
  • babydiego87
    babydiego87 Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    i hope youre 13.
  • nursestewart
    nursestewart Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    The cup goes inside the vagina not in your bladder. It is like having a tampon in. You don't have to remove it to urinate.
  • catrinaHwechanged
    catrinaHwechanged Posts: 4,907 Member
    Options

The vagina and urethra are two separate things.

haha....thank you and jinx!! Finally, someone who is actually informed about their body!
  • thevegankelly
    thevegankelly Posts: 85 Member
    Options
    where in the heck do you wash it out when you are in public? Or even at home for that matter if you live with others and share a bathroom?

If you're in a public washroom stall you can just dump it out without washing it and wash it next time. At home I shut and lock the door, like a normal person, so I wash it in the sink.
  • LavenderBouquet
    LavenderBouquet Posts: 736 Member
    Options

....:huh:
  • EmmaKarney
    EmmaKarney Posts: 690 Member
    Options

...don't worry - one person got the joke ;)
  • kellie1055
    kellie1055 Posts: 80 Member
    Options

Ummm well your portal of life exit is in a different part of your honey pot than your uretha....the cup sits against your cervix- which is inside.
  • Lisa1971
    Lisa1971 Posts: 3,069 Member
    Options
    i hope youre 13.

:laugh: :drinker:
  • JacksMom12
    JacksMom12 Posts: 1,044 Member
    Options

You do realize that you don't pee out of your vaginal canal, right?

Apparently there were already 10 other people covering this answer at the same time. My bad.

Oh, and thanks to mirena, I haven't had a lady cycle in 3 years. Which, by the way, is awesome.
  • SlickFootAnna
    SlickFootAnna Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    WTF Anna...I'm not reading that, lol!

You wash it in the sink...the whole idea is that you don't need to change it every two hours. You shouldn't really need to deal with it in public.

adini, seriously? Your urine and your mestrual blood do not even come out of the same hole! Urethra and vagina are not the same, lol

Oh, yes you DO.

READ IT.
  • SarahHebert1
    SarahHebert1 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    If you're in a public washroom stall you can just dump it out without washing it and wash it next time. At home I shut and lock the door, like a normal person, so I wash it in the sink.

Exactly. In a public washroom, you can also take some extra toilet paper and give it a good wipe.

I absolutely LOVE my diva cup and rarely have any leakage problems. It's also nice to not have to worry about bringing extra pads/tampons with me everywhere I go.
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    @SlickFootAnna, thank you for your post, I cried laughing :bigsmile:
  • sweebum
    sweebum Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options

LOL :wink: