Should I work out today?

Options
Hey guys. So, I had some leftover seafood from last night for breakfast this morning, and it tasted fine and everything, but afterwards I feel like crap :( I hate around 830am (about 7 hours ago), and I'm not hungry at all. I also just spent the last 6 hours cleaning. I tried to take a break and eat, but everything just looked gross. And I'm still not feeling too hot.

So my question is- should I go to the gym today? Am I actually sick, or is my mind trying to give me an excuse not to go?

Thanks everyone!

Also, I tried to put in the 6 hours I spent cleaning (light effort) into MFP, and it said I burnt something like 1400 calories. That can't be right, can it? o_o

Replies

• Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    rest:) you are overdoing it a bit. your body is telling you to rest. its not all in your mind at all.
  • whiteoutpen
    whiteoutpen Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    But I love my cycling :( Ugh, my stomach just hurts. And I'm super thirsty. But I've been drinking water all day, so hopefully it'll go away soon.
  • aymeelaurain
    aymeelaurain Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Perhaps negotiating with yourself could balance the scale. Instead of going to the gym try going for a walk or a short bike ride. Maybe some light yoga. If you're not feeling up to a full workout but you're afraid of the guilt later on it's a good way to keep you motivated but prevent yourself from pushing your body too far.
  • Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door
    Sweet_Gurl_Next_Door Posts: 735 Member
    Options
    I understand about loving your cycling but with your stomach feeling as you say it wouldn't be a good idea. if you want to do it really light on the cycling to see how you do. try 5 minuets.
  • whiteoutpen
    Options
    I'm trying really hard to work out 5 times per week, and Monday was a rest day, so I really don't want to use up my other rest day today. I'll probably try going to that walk. I know if I go to the gym I'll end up going all out and competing with the people next to me on the cycles :p

I'm just afraid that I'm telling myself not to work out because I'm lazy. I don't want to lose any of my progress!
  • Ducey99
    Ducey99 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    If you're looking for an objective opinion I would say it's reasonable for you to take a day off. Next day seafood could be considered questionable so there's no reason to be afraid of taking a sick day. As for using up your day off, don't.. I wouldn't count a sick day as a day off as your body is recovering from the seafood, not the exercise. The fact that you're so concerned is a good sign for sure.
    If you think it will make you feel better, and you're up to it, go ahead and do a light workout.

Also, congrats on the progress so far. You definitely seem to be on the right track!
  • whiteoutpen
    Options
    If you're looking for an objective opinion I would say it's reasonable for you to take a day off. Next day seafood could be considered questionable so there's no reason to be afraid of taking a sick day. As for using up your day off, don't.. I wouldn't count a sick day as a day off as your body is recovering from the seafood, not the exercise. The fact that you're so concerned is a good sign for sure.
    If you think it will make you feel better, and you're up to it, go ahead and do a light workout.

Also, congrats on the progress so far. You definitely seem to be on the right track!

Thanks :) I think I'll just feel guilty if I don't at least do something, so probably the walk.