Eat - Stop - Eat

Options
Has anyone else heard of this? I hear it works 100% to take off BF% and keep and gain lean muscle.
Not to sure how the fasting works, but hear its safe and very effective!

Replies

• FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    I fast one day a week, & have read up on doing it more. However, most experts say if you do it more than 1 day a week, it tends to put your body into a starvation mode & slow your metabolism. It can also make your body "eat" its muscle, even if you still have body fat to lose. Doing it one day a week for health & getting in that self-control frame of mind is good. Doing it more than one day a week to try to lose isn't really healthy, would probably slow your results, & also rob your body of needed nutrients. But you could always check w/your doctor.
  • FP4HSharon
    FP4HSharon Posts: 664 Member
    Options
    OK, it won't let me delete my previous post, but since I posted that I saw this documentary & I just posted the post below on a new thread. Don't know if it's the same thing you're talking about, but the studies discussed in this documentary definitely have me thinking in a different direction & wanted to let you know. Also, you might want to check out any responses to the thread that I get. All the best in your journey...

Mon 04/01/13 10:21 AMAm looking into Intermittent Fasting (IF) for general health (NOT just to lose weight), after watching BBC Horizons "Eat, Fast, and Live Longer." Would be very interested in the experiences of those who've tried it. How did you feel before you did it, while you were doing it, and after you were doing it? Any changes in your blood work numbers? Weight? Muscles? What kind of Intermittent Fasting did/do you do? Fast 4 days in a row every 1-2 months, then do a Calorie Restricted diet the rest of the days? Fast every other day, and eat what you want on the others? Fast 2 days (not in a row) every week? Do you eat junky food on your days off, or stay w/healthy foods (hopefully the latter)? On your "fast" days, do you eat a small amount or nothing?

It seems there's a lot more scientific evidence (results of numerous studies for several decades) for intermittent fasting vs the multiple small meals a day theory. In fact, the multiple research results are really astounding, from many different respected institutions.

PLEASE...do NOT post a lecture on why it's wrong, unless you can relate a bad personal experience OR can give me a link to an actual scientific study that indicated it was bad. I'm interested in experiences, NOT just opinions. Hope you understand.

Here's the link for the documentary if anyone hasn't seen it & is interested...

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xvdbtt_eat-fast-live-longer-hd_shortfilms