Interesting --- food and feeling

Options
mikegl1
mikegl1 Posts: 238 Member
Three times in the last two weeks I ate either too much or junk; including today. Now let me clarify - the junk I had today was about 20 corn tortilla chips and a diet coke. I had been eating pretty clean besides that.
Now, about 15 minutes after eating the chips, I feel pretty crappy. I find this pretty positive!

Replies

• NormInv
    NormInv Posts: 3,301 Member
    Options
    All religions, including healthy eating, make you feel guilty.
  • Rogiefreida
    Rogiefreida Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    Totally agree. Everytime I eat crap (like on vacation) I feel terrible-as in no energy, upset tummy, etc. The upside is that I remember that and I make better food choices most of the time and make stupid choices less and less. Even when I give myself the freedom to have a "cheat meal", I am starting to choose healthy by default because I'm tired of crappy food making me feel crappy.
  • aberc
    aberc Posts: 98
    Options
    I agree, and I keep telling people -- once you start eating healthy, you won't want to go back to eating junk because the feeling you get!

Your body wasn't getting all those nutrients before, and when you start eating clean, it gets those nutrients that its been lacking. Now thats its realized what foods gets those nutrients, splurging on other things puts you "down" like your body is telling you "Hey, that's not going to give me nutrition, 'eff' that!" :)