help me! something that wont drive me crazy??

Options
I started this journey back in August, I have done pretty well...I lost 44lbs or so. 2 weeks ago, i said meh, screw it and decided to just quit. Boy, did i quit....not once did i ecercise, not once did i eat "healthy" , not once did I log. Now, looking back on it, I regret it. I gained some weight back (not surprised at all) but I have aprox. 5 weeks before my husband returns home. I want to lose the weight i gained and get back on track! :)

I deleted all my friends who were just AWESOME! and i also regret that...so, if you recognize my username, im sorry...and please add me again :)

So, looking for friends who usually keep open diaries.

SW - 192
CW - before i quit, 148, now 152
GW - not sure yet

ANYWAYS... for the first 6mo I was eating 1200 cals and losing steadily, hit a plateau and a mfp friend told me to try low carb, high protein -- this started my loss again, but I was becoming so obsessed with calories, and carbs, etc.. I want to get back on track, but I want to lose the right way. Maybe the whole TDEE - 20% Thing? I dont know. I am 5'4 and at 152 now :( I could use advice, Im starting again tomorrow...I want a plan so I can be ready to go!

Any tips? Anyone try the Eat more to weigh less approach? Should I go back to 1200 and stick with that?

Replies

• AlongCame_Molly
    AlongCame_Molly Posts: 2,835 Member
    Options
    My diary is open and I log every day. Feel free to add.
  • LaLaAlways
    LaLaAlways Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    welcome back i dont know you but I will. :smile:
  • 04ward
    04ward Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    You can do it! You did it before and you know the plan so all you have to do is work it. I'm just starting but reading through posts of people like you that have lost 20, 30, 40, or more pounds is a big inspiration to me. It was okay to take off a little time and to help you realize you need to keep it up. Your husband is going to think you look great at 152 OR 148 so don't sweat it. Just get back with the program and be the success you know you can be! Good Luck!
  • NasaGirl007
    Options
    Anytime I delete my account on here I seem to gain weight as well. MFP keeps you honest. I myself have a hard time losing weight and eat a high protein low carb diet. I used to be obsessed with calorie counting but there are other foods that you can eat that have protein without eating chicken and other lean meat. Brown rice, chick peas, most vegetables all have protein. I've lost 40lbs total. Im 5'8 at 160 and I also make sure to do some sort of fitness every day for at least a half hour. My diary isnt very accurate because I "quick add" a lot of calories but I stick to low sugar oatmeal for breakfast, sometimes lowfat greek yogurt with a little bit of granola or a few salt free almonds. My lunch will consist of 2 servings of veggies mostly broccoli and brown rice and a few oz of baked sweet potato. Dinner will consist of 6oz of fish or some lean protein with brown rice or some sort of bean with another veggie side. Ive found most success with weighing my food. If i get hungry in between meals Ill drink a cup of tea or chew a stick of gum.
  • woahitsangie
    woahitsangie Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    bump