Last 10 pounds!!

Options
Hey guys! So i'm trying to lose these last 10 pounds and have been super stuck. For over half a year I have't been able to lose any weight so I took everyone's advice and almost 3 weeks ago upped my calories (still eating clean) and have been taking it easy with exercise. My plan is to at the end of this week go back to exercising while still keeping my calories a little lower than TDEE (my TDEE is 1800 and I've been eating 1300-1500 calories). I was only eating 1200 calories before. I also plan on alternating cardio with weights every other day. I generally do more strength training and pilates so I figure I need to incorporate more cardio. Does this sound like a good plan or do I need to take more extreme measures to lose these last 10 pounds?

Replies

• courtneywiens
    courtneywiens Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    i suggest you lift heavier weights and do intervals when you do cardio. keep your calories higher than 1200, that is too low especially with exercise. good luck! :)
  • darwinwoodka
    darwinwoodka Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    You're 21? Go dancing. ;^)
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I lost my last 10lbs eating at TDEE minus 20%. Sounds like a similar workout plan too - I run three days a week and do weights (which in my case means dumbbells at home, no room or money for the big stuff at this point, so 8-20lb dumbbells it is for now) the other three - been using the Nike Training Club app on those days, it's awesome.

I set my goals and macros according to this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0'

Just make sure you give it time, and take measurements and photos, don't just rely on the scale. I went for about six months last year without losing a pound, just went up and down the same 2-3lbs all that time, but I did lose fat and inches and dropped a full pant size during those six months.
  • mmddwechanged
    mmddwechanged Posts: 1,687 Member
    Options
    It does to me:)
  • PixieChick24
    PixieChick24 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I lost my last 10lbs eating at TDEE minus 20%. Sounds like a similar workout plan too - I run three days a week and do weights (which in my case means dumbbells at home, no room or money for the big stuff at this point, so 8-20lb dumbbells it is for now) the other three - been using the Nike Training Club app on those days, it's awesome.

I set my goals and macros according to this topic: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/937712-in-place-of-a-road-map-ver-3-0'

Just make sure you give it time, and take measurements and photos, don't just rely on the scale. I went for about six months last year without losing a pound, just went up and down the same 2-3lbs all that time, but I did lose fat and inches and dropped a full pant size during those six months.

And I should be eating back all of my exercise calories or just half? (I wasn't eating them back before when I was eating 1200, super unhealthy I know.) I do take measurements also and my measurements have not budged...though my pants seem tighter. Makes no sense =/ I also invested in a Polar heart rate monitor watch which also keeps track of calories burned during exercise so I can have more accuracy because I feel like MFP is not very accurate in burned calories. I'm hoping all this will help! Thanks! :smile: