Herbal Life nay or yay

Options
2»

Replies

• terri_journey
    terri_journey Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    NO the only way to lose weight an d keep it off is diet and exercise
    I totally agree with this!! Unless your willing to live the rest of your life on 1 or 2 shakes a day, when you start eating food again, YOU WILL gain the weight back!!
    Sensible diet and exerise is the only way to go!! :happy:
  • KatNewby
    KatNewby Posts: 26
    Options
    Unless these posters have personal experience, they really shouldn't be weighing in (pun intended).

My sister lost 100lbs on Herbalife by replacing 2 meals a way with the Formula 1 mix and taking some of the pills (I don't remember which ones). She has kept it off by continuing to use them, which is not unhealthy in the long term.

I personally use the meal replacement shake called "RAW Meal" by Garden of Life. I take a half serving of it twice or three times a day as a meal replacement, and try to eat one balanced meal. I prefer RAW because it is vegan & organic, but I can vouch for the fact that Herbalife does yield results.

You will definitely want to buy the protein powder to go into the herbalife shake, however. Otherwise you will be starved on the stuff because it only has 9grams of protein unless you add their protein mix to it and then it makes it up to 19 grams of protein.
  • malmonte180
    malmonte180 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Herbal Life is a good program and have a great support system, but sadly it did not work so efficiently for me because I'm a bariatric patient and with the lapband, I need to consume 60grams of protein and since their Formula 1 shakes only contain 9grams of protein per serving it was not enough for me. Turns out that I actually gained weight and was not a happy camper at all! But, nonethless I just will continue with my lifestyle change plan hand in hand with my surgeons.
  • Lyerin
    Lyerin Posts: 818 Member
    Options
    I did it a few years ago and lost 40 pounds. When I stopped using the shakes twice a day, I gained it all back plus more. The plan taught me NOTHING about portion control and how to eat real foods.

It's not a "bad" product, per se, but I think you learn more and get a lot more lasting results if you eat well, exercise and learn to control your portions and choices. As always, YMMV.