Need help with ideas for "sugar fix" for hypoglycemia

Options
I was in a situation where I didnt eat a whole lot from morning to early afternoon. Had a protein bar before I went to work and then worked 1pm til 840pm with no lunch or dinner break. Wasnt my choice to not take a break either. I am a hypoglycemic and for the most part have no problems with keeping my sugar levels up enough til I get to eat a main meal. Was wondering what kinds of foods out are out there that would be good to eat and be able to maintain my sugar levels if this were to happen again. Thanks!!:smile:

Replies

• Paganrosemama
    Paganrosemama Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    When I was working I would keep dark chocolate squares within reach (Dove are my favorites), they don't have a ton of sugar to keep you from spiking way up again, plus some bits of protein and fats to steady everything, so the sugar cycle comes to a halt. If melting is an issue you can keep hard candies in your pocket. I was told by my doctor (this was 12 years ago) that slow carbs in meals are a good idea- (whole grains, brown rice, oatmeal) small amounts with proteins...