Just upgraded to the squat rack!

Options
JustMQ
JustMQ Posts: 63 Member
I decided to make a change a couple of weeks ago after hitting a loooong plateau. I switched from MFP's "recommended" 1200 cals per day and did some researched on eating to my TDEE -15%. Not only am I losing weight again, but I get to eat more! What's not to love about that?!!
I have always lifted weights at the gym, but I have started to lift heavier weights, and now I have officially graduated to the squat rack! (I'm not telling how much, btw! I still have a ways to go :tongue: )

Replies

• ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    Awesome! Congrats on breaking through the plateau and getting energized with the adjustment made to your nutrition plan and the addition of one of the best exercises to your strength training program. Keep up the great work! Good luck!
  • HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    Options
    AWESOME!!!
  • Ninguneado73
    Options
    congratulations for graduating to the squat rack! way to go!
  • Tavysh
    Tavysh Posts: 204 Member
    Options
    Way to go you wont even think about going back now.
  • dixiewhiskey
    dixiewhiskey Posts: 3,333 Member
    Options
    Way to go you wont even think about going back now.

^ This
  • JustMQ
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The only unfortunate part is that I go to an all women's gym and honestly, there are very few of us that use the squat rack... I noticed a few looks today. :ohwell:
  • DaniH826
    DaniH826 Posts: 1,335 Member
    Options
    I'm fully supportive of any lady playing with barbells and showing them who's boss. :drinker:

It's ok let them look. Be the trendsetter. :flowerforyou:
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Go you!

I am about to start lifting heavy and I am afraid of the looks I'll get from the dudes. Don't feel weird around the women!

:flowerforyou:
  • Troublemonster
    Troublemonster Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone! The only unfortunate part is that I go to an all women's gym and honestly, there are very few of us that use the squat rack... I noticed a few looks today. :ohwell:

That's not unfortunate, you're looking at it from a negative perspective. Most of us would love it if we were one of the few people who used the rack at ou respective gyms. No waiting, no curling in the rack, just an open rack at the ready.
  • Leahsz
    Leahsz Posts: 81
    Options
    I've just started with the squat rack too! So proud. Told my sister in law about it (she's just started at the gym). She says, what, like a man???

Still proud. I'm gonna convert her to weightlifting :wink:
  • JustMQ
    Options

That's not unfortunate, you're looking at it from a negative perspective. Most of us would love it if we were one of the few people who used the rack at ou respective gyms. No waiting, no curling in the rack, just an open rack at the ready.

That's true... I could definitely be taking those looks the wrong way! I tend to take things too personally.
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    tons of Cathlete's (fans of Cathe Friedrich) use the squat rack! can't wait till I use one!
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    Go you!

I am about to start lifting heavy and I am afraid of the looks I'll get from the dudes. Don't feel weird around the women!

if anything you'll get more flirting not weird looks
  • Justjamie0418
    Justjamie0418 Posts: 1,065 Member
    Options
    Go you!

if anything you'll get more flirting not weird looks

Maybe, but I would think they were mocking me probably. I still have a hard time accepting people think of me as attractive. Just because your body changes doesn't mean your mind does. Blah. Hoping that lifting will give me a little confidence boost.
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options

When you've got an awesome squat booty you'll be getting a lot more looks and they'll all be asking how you did it :happy:

Well done on taking the plunge to eat more and lift more.
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • sandradev1
    sandradev1 Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    That's awesome. I have also just realised that my lifting has stalled due to not fuelling my body enough. High 5 to all lady lifters.