What's the latest you eat?

Options
2»

Replies

• Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 25,221 Member
    Options
    There is no magic time to stop eating ... unless you've got a medical condition like gastric reflux perhaps.

I usually have my last snack somewhere between 10 and 11 pm, then I go to bed somewhere between 12 and 1.
  • youdontknowwhatyousaw
    Options
    I eat and stop eating whenever I feel like it, no set time.
  • DanniB423
    DanniB423 Posts: 777 Member
    edited August 2015
    Options
    I stop around 7pm. It has nothing to do with that being some magical number or that I feel it makes any difference in my weight loss what so ever. I just try to close my diary around 7 and tell myself I am done for the day. All it really does is deter me from grazing around the kitchen eating random things..
  • arditarose
    arditarose Posts: 15,573 Member
    Options
    I have my last foods at 10 pm, practically in bed, before I go to sleep. I don't like to stop eating at dinner. Boring. My favorite time to eat is at home, where I can relax.
  • tomatoey
    tomatoey Posts: 5,446 Member
    Options
    Any time, worst thing is to try to sleep hungry
  • coco_bee
    coco_bee Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat at night cos this for me might lead to a binge and exceeding my calories for the day, trying to change my old habits but if very hungry I will have a yogurt with a few walnuts or something to tame those hunger pangs.
  • B_TEEN
    B_TEEN Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I used to be pretty adamant about not eating after a specific time but it was not sustainable. Currently, I prefer my last meal to be simple (e.g., salad or fruit); I find that I sleep better and experience no digestion issues. I still like to have about a 60-90 minute gap between the last thing I ate and when I sleep.
  • DeguelloTex
    DeguelloTex Posts: 6,652 Member
    Options
    Right before I turn off the light to go to sleep, whenever that is.
  • J72FIT
    J72FIT Posts: 5,951 Member
    Options
    No truth. For me usually around 10pm.
  • andrikosDE
    andrikosDE Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    It has been foretold that if you eat past 18:38 your timezone, the fat you consumed travels through the walls of your gastrointestinal system and ends up in your hips if you're a lady or belly if you're male.
    Just sayin'... ;)
  • 257_Lag
    257_Lag Posts: 1,249 Member
    Options
    I generally eat about 1/3 of my calories within an hour of going to sleep. Whatever works for YOU is the answer.
  • CarolinaCricket
    CarolinaCricket Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat after 8:00 pm and that's to prevent stomach issues.
  • Kalikel
    Kalikel Posts: 9,626 Member
    Options
    I try not to eat for 2-3 hours before I sleep, but sometimes I have to eat late. It happens.
  • rhyolite_
    rhyolite_ Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I like late-night snacking, so I eat up until bedtime. Then, sometimes I wake up a few hours later and head down for another snack. There has been nothing problematic about this so far, since I make room for it in my calories and hit most of my nutrient goals most of the time.
  • Asher_Ethan
    Asher_Ethan Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Once I found out that I could eat after 8 and still lose weight, 10 pounds melted off. I always save 300 calories for a late night snack and sometimes I don't even get to eat them and then I have some extra banked calories! It's a win win win situation and I love it.