What is your plan for April?

Options
Are you starting a new workout plan in April, or maybe modifying your current plan? I've read that changing up your routine periodically is a good idea so the body doesn't get bored and stuck in a rut. How often do you change your routine? I like a change every month or so, and this coming month I'm planning on doing daily cardio and a program called Callanetics, which is body resistance & stretching exercises, which I'll do 5 to 6 days a week. What workout do you have planned?

Replies

• leahartmann
    leahartmann Posts: 415
    Options
    I plan on getting a gym membership (that I hardly can afford, but I WANT to...) and for the first time in my life start lifting. I´m so exited about it (!) and afraid that I would look completely foolish. I´ll start with the empty bar. :tongue:
  • weightliftingchick
    Options
    I just restarted my half marathon training program and alternating with weight training. I will be doing that through August/September
  • MsBobLoblaw
    MsBobLoblaw Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Stuck here in the Midwest for law school, it's been too cold, snowy, and wet to run regularly outside. So now that the sun is slowly beginning to show itself, I hope to get into a more regular plan of running in April. Hopefully, 4-5 days a week.
  • timeasterday
    timeasterday Posts: 1,368 Member
    Options
    My plan is just to keep on with P90X - finishing phase 2 midway in the month and moving on to phase 3. Also I'll be finishing C25K near the end of the month and will be running a 5K. It's my 2nd time through the program after being sidelined with tendonitis and will be my 2nd 5K ever. I'm hoping I can stay injury free!
  • contingencyplan
    contingencyplan Posts: 3,639 Member
    Options
    I was debating entering that BSN Summer Shred contest (basically a big chunk of prize money to whoever can complete the most drastic body transformation from April 1 until the start of Summer) but then I found out that those contests are sort of "rigged." The people who in plan for it months ahead of time and go through a full bulk cycle complete with some bloat just so they can look worse in their before picture than they really are, so all they have to do is go through a cut and drop some water weight and they win.

As of right now no real plan. Just gonna keep doing what I have been.
  • liz3marie
    liz3marie Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    I just restarted MFP March 1st. was building myself back into exercise with walking and some workout videos a couple times a week, i also have monthy weight goals id like to meet. I started 176 on the 1st. Im at 168.2 now, my goal for March is 167 :). For April, i plan on getting to 159 and doing the 30ds, maybe switching some of the walking to jogging!
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    I plan on getting a gym membership (that I hardly can afford, but I WANT to...) and for the first time in my life start lifting. I´m so exited about it (!) and afraid that I would look completely foolish. I´ll start with the empty bar. :tongue:

Is there a Planet Fitness or YouFit near you? Both are fine gyms and are $10/month
  • raisingemilyjune
    Options
    RUN MORE!

i've got a 10K in August and i'm slowly trying to get my KM up.
  • MikeInAZ
    MikeInAZ Posts: 483 Member
    Options
    April is going to be Sugar Free. No sugar, molasses, high fructose corn syrup, sucrose or fructose. I will still eat fruit, but in moderation. Just nothing with ADDED sugar.

Anyone joining me?
  • HealthyinAZ
    HealthyinAZ Posts: 408 Member
    Options
    For April I'm just planning on trying not to screw up all the progress I've made since November - I am going to Disneyland in April, I have my inlaws from Greece staying with us for 2 weeks, and my best friends bridal shower, night out and wedding all in April too.
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    April is going to be Sugar Free. No sugar, molasses, high fructose corn syrup, sucrose or fructose. I will still eat fruit, but in moderation. Just nothing with ADDED sugar.

Anyone joining me?

While your at it, cut down the carbs and I ASSURE you will see results. Good luck
  • XtyAnn17
    XtyAnn17 Posts: 632 Member
    Options
    30 min run alt every other day with 30 min walk @ incline & 30day shred
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    I will be spending just about the entire month of April on the road! I'm going on vacation in Mexico, then business trips in California and Montreal (I'm from Boston). When I'm on business I like to find new bodyweight and resistance band workouts I can do in my room, and then hit the hotel "gym" for some cardio. In Mexico, I'm REALLY looking forward to morning runs on the beach!
  • AlicesNirvanaHealthWellness
    Options
    i started a week early,,,on spring break this week and although the weather is much colder than i would like my goal is to walk everyday,,,so far so good,,,getting ready to go out and do it again,,,,then, when school starts again figure a way to keep up with walking 5 days a week
  • SamanthaClarexo
    SamanthaClarexo Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Finishing up my 30 Day Shred, starting Ripped in 30 and the 30 Day Squat Challenge :drinker:
  • HannahJDiaz25
    HannahJDiaz25 Posts: 329 Member
    Options
    I just signed up for a morning boot camp class thats starts April 1.
    They say that you will not do the same workout twice in 90 days :love:
    The workouts remind me of a mix of Insanity and P90X, but in a group with teams and stuff.

Here is the Link if anyone on here lives in Colorado Springs

http://womensbootcampfitness.com/

On top of that I plan on keeping my yoga and ellitpical routine...it should be pretty balanced workout routine :-) YAY SPRING!!!!
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,550 Member
    Options
    already started gearing myself up for the marathon in november (have done a 1/2) so i'm doing more hill running and gearing up for my annual MS Bike ride in September, that's 80mi day one and 54day 2, i MIGHT do the 74 on day two and that ain't flat either. seems like the older i get the more i should slow down right.. not in this case
  • travlinjess
    travlinjess Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Starting April 1st, I'm doing a hybrid of Brazil Butt Lift and 6week6pack.

I'll be ready for the bikini by end of May!!
  • natacha305
    natacha305 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I plan to start running and to get me motivated I joined a Mud Race / Obstacle course. Its 5 K and lots of obstacles. I joined online at active.com and it will tell me about any races or physical fun stuff in my area.

I am also hoping to make new friends from MFP or get some local friends to join MFP and hit the races pr go bilke riding kayaking SOMETHING.

I have 2 baby girls and I dont have much time and I dont have many friends who share my new passion for physical activities, but I am determines to make a friend and do Outdoor Activities.

If I were to recommend anything it would be OUTDOOR ACTIVITIES, the gym gets so boring sometimes. WIsh me luck all
  • beckyboop712
    beckyboop712 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Not losing my sanity :-) I plan to finish 30 Day Shred and go back to my 100 push up challenge while slowly kicking up my running mileage. Hopefully that will keep my sanity in tact while I go into the final stretch at work before our big event at the end of the month.