BodyMedia

Options
Thinking about purchasing a bodyfitmedia.

Was wondering if you can have multiple users with it? I'm trying to lose weight, and my boyfriend is trying to gain it, so if he could use it to see what he's burning through during his workouts it would be a little more justifiable to spend the money on it.

Replies

• jgcurry3
    jgcurry3 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty expensive to start plus the maintenance of a subscription. If you are simply trying to monitor calories burned during cardio and resistance training, I would recommend looking into a heart rate monitor. I use one from polar and the intensity of my workouts and my ability to better track my energy burned in a workout has helped improve my performance and fitness drastically.
  • pobalita
    pobalita Posts: 741 Member
    Options
    Unfortunately, you can't have multiple users with BodyMedia. BodyMedia does not give an option for a second user. When you set it up, you have to put in information about height, gender, weight, etc. that is specific to you. The information that BodyMedia gives you is based on calculations using your personal data and information gathered from the armband sensors. The more you use BodyMedia, the more accurate it becomes because it also looks for trends in your activity.

I've been using mine for a year and I love it. It is a great tool.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Thinking about purchasing a bodyfitmedia.

Was wondering if you can have multiple users with it? I'm trying to lose weight, and my boyfriend is trying to gain it, so if he could use it to see what he's burning through during his workouts it would be a little more justifiable to spend the money on it.

The main point is that you wear it all day. I agree, if its just for exercise you can get. HRM.
  • jaz050465
    jaz050465 Posts: 3,508 Member
    Options
    Looks pretty expensive to start plus the maintenance of a subscription. If you are simply trying to monitor calories burned during cardio and resistance training, I would recommend looking into a heart rate monitor. I use one from polar and the intensity of my workouts and my ability to better track my energy burned in a workout has helped improve my performance and fitness drastically.
    Subs ription really isn't that dear. If you're in the USA apparently Costco have a good deal which includes a year's free subscription.