Starting over..bittersweet

Options
Well I'm in the market for some new friends :) I had an older MFP profile but decided to forgo it and start over. I had way too many people that weren't active and it was too hard to weed them out, so I kept the few that were really important to me and started over. I took a break from MFP during a tough time in my life and was pounded with schoolwork for college. I ended up slipping back into my old ways and picked up 20 of the 38lbs I lost :( it was super sad to step on the scale and see it, but I am now more determined then ever to lose the weight I came to lose in the first place!
I'm just looking for a good support group of friends that are in this for the long haul :)
Please feel free to msg me or add me as a friend, I will be the best motivation I can be and all I ask is you do the same. :flowerforyou:
My old username was elijhasmomma

Replies

• AprilFoolGirl
    AprilFoolGirl Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Hey Sweetie- I know you can do this. I was wondering what was going on but I have been wrapped a bit around my own axel lately so if I have dropped the ball I apologize. Keep your chin up, start over and glad that you are back. Love ya Girl, AFG
  • rbartlett9671
    rbartlett9671 Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    You can add me if you like :) I'm a pretty active MFP'er... I log on every day :)

...and AprilFoolGirl is right... you CAN do this!! :)
  • Zeugird
    Zeugird Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Hello!

Welcome back!

I know the feeling, a couple years ago I weighed in at my heaviest at 200 lbs. I was able to lose 45 lbs on my own, I was running, eating right, you name it! I was able to keep the weight off for 3 years but I "fell off the wagon" and gained 22 lbs back, which I have to say was very disappointing but I am at it again and I am motivated! :)

The sky is the limit! and with the help of our fellow MFPs YOU and I will meet our goal and smash it! Good luck on your journey. I am adding you.
  • this_life_is_my_life
    Options
    She's pretty much the epitome of awesomeness :drinker: :heart:
  • this_life_is_my_life
    Options
    Thanks! I know I can do this, I've already proven it to myself once, I just have to keep goin and not look back anymore.
  • Lfulto1
    Lfulto1 Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi!

Im new to the website but I know what you mean. Ive struggled with weight issues my whole life and have gone up and down alot with my weight. Now im trying to concentrate on really keeping up with my work outs and getting back in shape so I can do more things. As a new user I dont have any friends yet so if anyone is looking for some support id be more than happy to help :O)
  • Katmary71
    Katmary71 Posts: 6,711 Member
    Options
    Welcome back!

A good thing is that you didn't gain back all your weight and caught yourself from gaining it all back. Congrats on having the strength to catch yourself now and get back on track!

I'm going to send you a friend request. What a cutie pie you have (in your pic)!
  • Ashleys_wghtlossjrny
    Options
    Hi!!

I am newto this program (literally signed up 2 mins ago). I have lost 130lbs. & After getting married and gained 60lbs back. Im super focused now and need all the support i can get also. :)
  • this_life_is_my_life
    Options
    Thank you @katmary! He is the love of my life :flowerforyou:
  • SlimCuki
    SlimCuki Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I just started all over again too.

Sending a request :)