any shift workers?

Options
ok its quarter to one in the morning I have been up since five, stretching my calories/meals until tomorrow morning is hard because I am hungry, What do any of u do when awake for prolonged periods of time? I figure when I go to sleep in morning I will start over when I wake up ?

Replies

• MerBear1985
    MerBear1985 Posts: 131
    Options
    Different people do it different ways. Some people track from the time they wake up until they go to sleep, I find if I do this I go over because I am up for so long. But you are awake and still burning calories so this is usually okay.

I however, will track from midnight to midnight (24 hours) and usually this breaks up the day just enough that if I am up for a long stretch of time I can usually get pretty close to my calorie goals without going too far over.

It is personal preference and depends on if you are okay going a little bit over with healthy foods when you are awake for a really long time.
  • lalaokoro
    lalaokoro Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    I work twelve hour shifts. I typically wake up in the afternoons and I have a small breakfast. I usually feel hungry again every 3-4 hours while awake and that's I how I eat. I go to work at 6:45 pm so I have a small meal before work and then around 9 ish I have another. The only thing I do different is when I get off I do not eat before going to bed. I like to go to sleep 4 hours after I eat.

If you are eating 6 meals a day you can spread them out throughout your shift.
  • giddings78
    Options
    I also ways try to keep my dinner and breakfast constant, wether it is my days off or im working. So when im working i will have dinner when i wake up, have my lunch and snacks throughout the night and have breakfast just before i go to bed. On days off, back to normal eating breakfast when i wake up, lunch and snacks throughout the day and dinner in the evening