Cereal!!!!!

Hello everybody!

I am trying to find a cereal that is good/healthy. I tried Raisin Brand but realized it had A LOT of sugar and I do NOT like raisins! Anyone have any suggestions as to what cereal will be both tasty and healthy? (I want cereal for breakfast because it is something I can actually eat on the go)

Thanks for the help in advance! :D

Replies

• HSingMomto7Kids
    HSingMomto7Kids Posts: 345 Member
    I like Kashi.
  • chessgeekdavidb
    chessgeekdavidb Posts: 208 Member
    I like Kashi.

ditto
  • Mr_Bad_Example
    Mr_Bad_Example Posts: 2,403 Member
    Honey Bunches of Oats is pretty delicious too - it's my go-to post workout snack... and any other time of the day snack too.
  • koshkasmum
    koshkasmum Posts: 276 Member
    Fiber One Honey Clusters are nice. Fiber One Original is sort of like eating twigs, but is greatly improved by the addition of fruit - and the fiber fills you up and helps with other things too.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    For me, most cereals including 'diet' ones like Special K are very sugar laden and leave me craving something sugary again mid-morning. Now, I stick to full fat greek yoghurt with some organic oats and natural honey. it's quick and easy like cereal, and much more filling.
    Sometimes I buy pre packaged fruit salad and have that with yoghurt and a small sprinkling of muesli.

A tip which helps me: Don't buy 'fat free' or 'low fat' - its a massive diet mistake as those products are usually made up with sugar or sweetners. Don't be afraid of dietary fat if it's healthy.

I've heard of the hardcore clean eaters/protein people on here doing real oats with protein powders, preparing them at the beginning of the week.
  • shosho420
    shosho420 Posts: 220 Member
    All cereal is highly processed with tones of undesirable ingredients even the healthy cereals.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Shredded wheat light sugar
    Grape nuts
    Kashi
  • Zeugird
    Zeugird Posts: 7 Member
    I saw a couple people say Kashi so I guess I will give it a try. Thanks for the advice.