Fitbit and Net calories

Options
Hi guys, I have a fitbit zip now and I have been noticing that it will update my burned calories very late, around 1am. I ate a total of 1218, and was happy to have gotten over 1200 but then it updated and said only 908 calories net.

Should my NET calories be over 1200? I am on a low carb diet for glucose reasons and it has been a challenge to eat over 1200 calories without having a ton of carbs. I have recently upped my carbs by some per meal, but not enough to spike my sugar.

Replies

• bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Hmm.. I have a fitbit one and it pretty much updates instantly to MFP after I sync.
  • Losingthedamnweight
    Losingthedamnweight Posts: 535 Member
    Options
    Not sure what the zip is like, but i got the fitbit one and sync it to my iphone through bluetooth and the number updates instantly on mfp
  • KarenJanine
    KarenJanine Posts: 3,497 Member
    Options
    Updating at 1am would be into the next day so it seems odd that would have any bearing on the pervious 24 hrs (since the fitbit day starts/ends at midnight) unless you have the time zone settings wrong.

In anycase though, as is very frequently said on MFP, you should always aim to net at least 1200 so if your net has fallen below this you should probably be eating more.