insanity workout vs. p90x

Options
who here have tried it both? because i'm currently on lean phase 1 of p90x., do you think insanity workout is for me?

Replies

• bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    I would really like to know too. I keep hearing people talk about it on the forums but don't know much about either (I guess they're similar to 30DS, which I've done).

I really need to change up my exercise routine, which right now is 40 minutes of the elliptical trainer (3-4 times a week, for months now). I think my body is getting use to it because it's harder to get my heart rate up. That or my strap needs a good clean...
  • katy_trail
    katy_trail Posts: 1,992 Member
    Options
    neither both too repetitive
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    (I guess they're similar to 30DS, which I've done).

In the stern voice of Judge Judy, "Wrong"!! :laugh: :laugh:
  • tmuellenberg
    tmuellenberg Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    I think it all depends on your goals. I've done both and both are very effective. I lost 17 lbs with Insanity and another 10 with P90X, through one round each. They are very different than 30DS and much more intense in my opinion, especially Insanity.
  • bluebear_74
    bluebear_74 Posts: 179
    Options
    Oh. :frown: I did 1 day of 30DS and my whole body hurts now (been a couple of years since I did it last time). So both of these will probably leave me dead. :indifferent:
  • Karri_Lynn
    Options
    I have done both programs but my favorite was the hybrid between the two. The hybrid gave me amazing results.
  • jennychandra1
    Options
    I always check out this website before starting a new fitness program - www.topfitnesssites.com - My personal favourite is p90x because it's hard enough that you know your getting results but not so hard that you give up after a few days.
  • Microfiber
    Microfiber Posts: 956 Member
    Options
    Oh. :frown: I did 1 day of 30DS and my whole body hurts now (been a couple of years since I did it last time). So both of these will probably leave me dead. :indifferent:

:laugh: :laugh: You'll be fine. Maybe half-dead but not dead :laugh:
  • mavedote
    mavedote Posts: 20
    Options
    I did Insanity and currently in last month of p90x. Both programs are good....I guess it depends on what you want to do. If you are going for weight loss and overall good physical health, I would stick with Insanity. P90x (from my own experience) might not get you the weight loss, if thats what you are looking for, but it definitely will "tone up" what you have. You will be sore after first few days of each program.....I got smart after 3 days of Insanity and bought 4 ice packs and 4 ace bandages and wrapped ice packs around front and back of calves and thighs for 30 minutes right after workout. WOW, what a difference!! It is the same principle that pro athletes employ immediately after games: ice is your tired muscles best friend! Good luck with whatever you choose :happy: