Eating chocolate over the Easter weekend?

MelanieAnneWoods
MelanieAnneWoods Posts: 15 Member
I have decided that (just for the Easter weekend) I will be eating chocolate easter eggs and will not be watching or logging what I eat and drink. Will get back on track from the 2nd of April and will be interested to see how much (if any) weight I put on.

Anyone else going to relax and enjoy the Easter period?? HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE. :bigsmile:

Replies

• SerenaFisher
    SerenaFisher Posts: 2,170 Member
    I know not of the idea of not allowing myself to eat certain groups of food. I will eat what I always eat and yes that will include chocolate and candy ... in all my dieting I have never said "no way" just "in moderation"
  • Luthien007
    Luthien007 Posts: 281 Member
    One of my kids had a birthday today and I ate choc ripple cake and toblerone. I've been consistently losing for over 9 months and am not used to rich food anymore. I love it when I am eating it but a little later I feel blah. I think have indulged my Easter choc fetish now and am over it.
  • xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    enjoy..

as for me I will enjoy our food prepared by my family and friends just have to put in extra work at the gym .

happy easter to you too.
  • NikinCilla
    NikinCilla Posts: 129 Member
    Nice...Choclate wont be a problem its the Island food :sad: Calories would be more then easter egg....but yes enjoy and will have to bust the calories with exercise & hopefully not gain weight. Happy Easter MFP!!!
  • khall86790
    khall86790 Posts: 1,100 Member
    I ate 1 easter egg about a week ago and I intend for it to be my only one.
    It's completely unnecessary to overindulge on easter eggs.
  • oncearound
    oncearound Posts: 31 Member
    I will be enjoying a home cooked Easter feast with my family (except for mom...RIP)....ham and all the trimmings. I will also indulge in my all time favorite candy...Reese's PB eggs. ( I only have them for a short period each year- and NO, THEY DO NOT TASTE LIKE PEANUT BUTTER CUPS...THEY ARE WAY BETTER) I allow myself one every other day, but on Sunday I am going to have 2-3 because then they will be gone (I think it is bad karma to eat them after Easter). It is the one treat I can not say no to and I don't intend to. Happy Easter all-hold tight to those you love and celebrate the little things because they mean a lot!
  • farway
    farway Posts: 1,264 Member
    We are having a big family gathering on Easter Saturday, relatives from oop North are meeting at my daughter's house and seeing the all the 5 grandchildren, so egg hunt is on, plus a super buffet

I will not be counting calories or logging that day
  • OMGosh

So glad I landed on here this morning. I am currently maintaining and have not had chocolate in a long long time.
    I had half a bueno the other day and still managed to loose weight.

Now maintenance is different. I really want to have some chocolate with my family. But just to be on the safe side I am planning to log it anyways. I have the feeling that if I don't I will let myself go and it just want to avoid guilt.

I hope you will all enjoy your treats !!!!
  • dovetail22uk
    dovetail22uk Posts: 339 Member
    Of course I'll be eating easter eggs!

Don't regret it - just log it!
  • KANGOOJUMPS
    KANGOOJUMPS Posts: 6,474 Member
    Most Easter chocolate is CRAP<, so this is a good thing,, no chocolate here,
    my kids are too old..
    well, we tell them that.,.....
  • kayl3igh88
    kayl3igh88 Posts: 428 Member
    NOPE. Don't get me wrong, I'm munching on chocolate 10 x more than normal (usually it's ice cream), but I'm making sure I can fit it into my day so I don't get the guilt from over-eating & (hopefully) still lose weight!
  • Weighinginwithmy02
    Weighinginwithmy02 Posts: 369 Member
    I will be indulging in a couple Carbury Creme eggs and not feeling the slighest bit of guilt. I get them once a year. I will log them though because that's what this whole thing is about for me, being accountable.
  • jensan37
    jensan37 Posts: 151 Member
    Can't wait to eat my Cadbury cream eggs... yummm.
  • Angel03744
    Angel03744 Posts: 74 Member
    Enjoy it, Just log it with no regrets!
    I will NOTbe having any myself ! ( I have a severe Nut allergy, The only brand to commit to a nut free zone is "Kinnertons", Which their Chocolate is not that nice lol )
  • moo1907
    moo1907 Posts: 24
    enjoy! I'm gonna be on my own at easter so I figure I can eat all the chocolate I want but I will have no excuse not to work out :)
  • marcelle65
    marcelle65 Posts: 12 Member
    :smile:
  • andiechick
    andiechick Posts: 916 Member
    Most Easter chocolate is CRAP<, so this is a good thing,, no chocolate here,
    my kids are too old..
    well, we tell them that.,.....

You obviously don't live in the UK then. Most of our eggs are lush unless you go for the cheap crap!
  • DawnieB1977
    DawnieB1977 Posts: 4,248 Member
    I'm going to a baby shower on Easter Sun so I doubt I'll have choc eggs too. Besides, I've told my husband not to buy me any! We'll get our kids a Lindt bunny each, just a small one.

I did eat a few mini eggs and some creme egg splats yesterday as my colleague had brought them in. I do 't usually give in and eat stuff like that. That's what happens when I'm exhausted after looking after my poorly 1 year old for several days and am sleep deprived!
  • andiechick
    Can't wait to eat my Cadbury cream eggs... yummm.

Gotta love creme eggs!
  • andiechick
    I've promised the kids we'll make easter cakes this weekend so might have one of those, but will count it into my diary. We're going to my parents on Easter Sunday for lunch and a buffet tea so will allow myself to enjoy that but won't log it, that'll be my day off then back to it on Monday