What is your pre-work out snack

Options
Hi guys!

Before I do a work out session I have a quick energy boost in the form of a muesli bar about an hour beforehand. I want to know if you guys do the same and what do you guys use? I am in need of some fresh ideas!

Leah

Replies

• xALEXANDROx
    xALEXANDROx Posts: 3,416 Member
    Options
    Heb - Rice Cakes -Apple Cinnamon, 2 cake
    Aunt Sue's - Organic Honey, 0.5 Tbsp (21g)
    Banana - Banana, 1 Banana under 7"
    Gatorade - G2 - Grape 355ml (12 oz),

this is usually or just a cup of black coffee..
  • glitterstreet
    Options
    A banana or apricot and a few seedless grapes.
  • MarineCodie
    MarineCodie Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I get up at 430 and am at the gym at 5. I just have the little bit of coffee I can suck down while I'm driving there. I feel sick if I eat that early. If I do this I'll have a protein shake with almond milk right after.

If I work out in the afternoon I need to have something with substance or else I get dizzy and slooooowwwwwww. I'll normally have a banana with peanut butter in a tortilla.
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Coffee and crackers. Or, coffee and a piece of toast with peanut butter. Coffee is a must for me about 45 minutes before working out. Fuels my workouts like nothing else does.
  • JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    A piece of toast and some oatmeal.
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    Banana
  • FitMrsR
    FitMrsR Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    Seeded Wholemeal bread (toasted of course) with a little peanut or almond butter. Or sometimes I'll just have a banana :)
  • SuperFitRich
    SuperFitRich Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    NO Explode that is all I need!
  • Carnivor0us
    Carnivor0us Posts: 1,752 Member
    Options
    hard-boiled chicken or duck egg
  • marypatmccue
    marypatmccue Posts: 521 Member
    Options
    Depends on the day... but, I usually have a small amount of water with my BCAAs in it. Much else will make me vomit... And no one wants that!
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    I work out at the end of my work day. Usually I have 1/2 serving of almonds and it's just enough to keep me from getting hungry.

Because it takes me 30 minutes to drive home and it's now after 7pm, after my workout I have a protein bar that's 180-210 cals and 8-10 gms protein. Again, it's enough to keep me from feeling really hungry when I get home and just grabbing any calory dense food I can find.
  • TR0berts
    TR0berts Posts: 7,739 Member
    Options
    I get up at 430 and am at the gym at 5. I just have the little bit of coffee I can suck down while I'm driving there. I feel sick if I eat that early. If I do this I'll have a protein shake with almond milk right after.

If I work out in the afternoon I need to have something with substance or else I get dizzy and slooooowwwwwww. I'll normally have a banana with peanut butter in a tortilla.

Pretty much this. Except I throw in a scoop of protein powder into my coffee and blend them together. And if I work out in the afternoon/evening, I usually have a single-serve Greek yogurt about 1 to 1-1/2 hours before.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    apple and peanut butter about an hour before I lift. whey protein immediately after I lift.
  • Yeller_Sensation
    Yeller_Sensation Posts: 373 Member
    Options
    It varies according to my fancy:

PB & cocoa sandwich.

Egg salad tortilla with bacon and cheese.

An apple or a banana. Sometimes both.

My homemade energy bar.

Four-egg omelet.

Kavli crispbread with Laughing Cow cheese wedges.

Leftover dinner from the night before.

Roasted garbanzo beans.

Waffles topped with bacon bits.
  • thirstyflea
    thirstyflea Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I always have a low sugar protein bar an hour before the gym, or else I fizzle out during my workout.