MFP is great but what would you change if you could?

Options

Replies

• dulcemiel
    dulcemiel Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Me too~! loved to see a like button. I'd also like to see more of the popular workout videos listed on the exercise feature (unless I am missing it) I can't believe that with everyone doing exercises like ( Insanity, P90X, Zumba etc) that they aren't listed for ease.
  • toomuchbootyindapants
    toomuchbootyindapants Posts: 811 Member
    Options
    The highly targeted reporting and mod nazis shutting people down when others are doing the same thing elsewhere but never get in trouble.
  • LizCO2DC
    LizCO2DC Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of being able to track short-term goals in addition to ultimate goals. I think having smaller goals along the way would help to keep me encourage and motivated as I work towards my bigger goals.
  • wswilliams67
    wswilliams67 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    1. The ability to post my daily exercise diary when I WANT TO rather than have it auto-post. If I do 2-a-days or make an error I can't change the auto-post. It's a small thing but VERY annoying.

2. Basic text formatting options for news posts/replies. Clumping everything into a single giant paragraph makes most things unreadable.

3. Stop rounding the ticker numbers...

4. On screen notifications for forum replies and comments (not just the current emails)

5. A bacon dispenser button on the main page...
  • Cr01502
    Cr01502 Posts: 3,614 Member
    Options
    A search function to find friends easier.
  • billsica
    billsica Posts: 4,741 Member
    Options
    To not live in fear of being perma-banned from the forums.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I would like to see the recipe section be like the food section, where you can adjust the quantity of something without having to delete and start a whole new search.

I would also like to find a way to share my recipes with my friends by having them be able to access them if I grant permission.

Agreed! Also, with the app when you search for a food it searches your diary too. Like if I know I ate something 2 days ago, it's not recent enough to be on the recent tab. So instead of going back and searching thru the "recent" stuff or doing a brand new search, if I type in "apple" it will show me entries from my food diary and I can just pick it right there.
  • WendySPWarren
    WendySPWarren Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I would love it if mfp could calculate how many calories where burned while doing weights. That would be amazing! :)
    Also, a progress report on weights would be fantastic for motivation.
  • kcrxgirl
    kcrxgirl Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I love the idea of being able to track short-term goals in addition to ultimate goals. I think having smaller goals along the way would help to keep me encourage and motivated as I work towards my bigger goals.

If MFP had a "like" button, I would have "liked" this :smile:
  • staceypunk
    staceypunk Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    I would like to see a way to add a poll to threads. Babycenter.com has this feature and it's nice because you get a quick overview of what most people do and A LOT more people respond because it's so quick and easy.

So you could add something like:

Do you think that protein powder loses nutrients if you microwave it ?
    a) yes
    b) no
    c) don't know

On babycenter you can add up to five answers to choose from, then after a user submits their answer it turns into a bar graph that shows how everyone else responded. You can also still comment if you want to describe your answer more like you do in a regular thread.
  • BeachGingerOnTheRocks
    BeachGingerOnTheRocks Posts: 3,927 Member
    Options
    More men without shirts.

And the macros graph on the website, the better nutrition chart on the website (both are great on the app), and the ability to group friends and share some info with certain ones but not all ones (because some friends get annoyed or don't care).
  • 748marie
    748marie Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    MORE HOT MEN PLEASE!
    MORE PEOPLE THAT SPEAK THEIR MINDS,
    cause BLUNT WORKS!
    MORE WILD CRAZY PEOPLE LIKE ME!
    YEAH!
    TAKE THAT!

Not to be a prude but I like it when people can be open an honest but also a mature adult about things. I find myself skipping over posts of people who are a little too outspoken and tend to be crying out for attention. Seriously not trying to be rude or make enemies but Blunt may define you but it only works to attract the attention that, well, blunt attracts .:huh:
  • staceypunk
    Options
    I would like for my past calorie budget to remain the same in my records when I change it. Say it's been 1700 for the past 3 months and today I'm changing it to 1800. I would like the past to stay accurate rather than change according to today. Better record keeping.

^^THIS TOO
  • Argentino
    Argentino Posts: 52
    Options
    MORE HOT MEN PLEASE!

You rang?
  • syntaxxor
    syntaxxor Posts: 86
    Options
    I'd want to get rid of the "You've earned calories" bs whenever you log exercise. It's like trying to say you get to reward yourself with food, for working out. Which is counter-productive IMO.

You might want to do some research on how this site that you joined works. Mfp already sets you at a healthy deficit to lose. When you exercise your deficit increases (for some to a dangerous level). Eating back exercise calories gets you to your original healthy deficit (this is why you hear the terms GROSS calories and NET calories. Not counter productive and not a reward system. People should really know what kind of site they are on and how it actually works. There is science and smart stuff behind it :).
    Ugh, I had a huge rant, but decided to delete it and simpy say.

A guy, who knows how to program javascript made this website. Not a personal trainer, doctor, or nutritionist. "Science and smart stuff"...yeah, I don't think so. I've actually researched and talked to doctors. If you're depending on the poor macros of this site, you're going to have issues.

Don't be daft and eat at such a deficit that you can't workout without eating MORE. You know you're working out and you should know that working out increases your deficit, so learn the "Science and smart stuff" on your own, like I did; and plan for it.
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    I'd want to get rid of the "You've earned calories" bs whenever you log exercise. It's like trying to say you get to reward yourself with food, for working out. Which is counter-productive IMO.

I agree with this ^^^^
  • staceypunk
    Options
    I would like to see the recipe section be like the food section, where you can adjust the quantity of something without having to delete and start a whole new search.

^^^This!!! I routinely re-use the same recipes, but ingredient weights constantly vary, so I'm always futzing with my previously entered recipes, and I wish I could just adjust the amount of an ingredient within a previously created recipe. This is really my only big pet peeve with MFP.

ABSOLUTELY THIS- It is time consuming to have to delete and item, search for the one you used that day, then add it back to the recipe. Some of my recipes I have memorized and sometimes I'll use 1 tbsp of oil and other days 2 tbsp. I log it after I have cooked it. It would be great to be able to adjust the quantity!
  • sunsnstatheart
    sunsnstatheart Posts: 2,544 Member
    Options
    It's a free app so I'm pretty content. Ask me later when I'm in a bad mood from being in the forums and this may change.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Frivolous use of the report button would count as a strike, eventually leading to be banned.
  • cld111
    cld111 Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    I 100% agree about the recipe issue.

Also, I would love to be able to adjust the quantity of my meals that I've saved. Fir instance, if I created a meal where I made mac & cheese in my own way and I ate the whole box one day, I might only eat half the next time and there's no way to adjust that meal;s amount.

I would LOVE it if I was on a recipe site, and I could just push a little button and it would copy all the ingredients and nutritional info right into MFP recipes. It's sometimes a daunting task searching for each ingredient one by one...