Two months in! (28 pounds down!!!)

Options
rach503
rach503 Posts: 86 Member
I wrote a post for one month in, and feel like I want to do this once a month. Seems like a good pulse for me to see how far I've come, and to note the milestones along the way.

So! I'm officially two months into my journey towards a healthier life, what has changed...

- I have now lost 28 pounds overall
- I'm closer to 200 than 250
- I was the biggest loser at work for one week
- I was able to run a 5K (I'm training for my first 5K run)
- I can see muscles - arms, cavs, the begining of abs
- I have been able to maintain my healthy eating even thru the swings of TOM
- Most of my clothes are too big
- I went to Old Navy and instead of buying a 2X shirt I bought a Large (WOOOOOOHOOOOOO!!!)
- When I was at Old Navy and trying shirts on I was so surprised that I found clothes that looked good on me <- - it made me realize that for so long I've been just trying to find clothes that didn't make me look like a whale, ones that wouldn't draw attention to my big cube of a body
- I now have definition in my waist - my coworker one morning exclaimed "Rachel! Look at those Boobs!!!" (we clearly have a loose work environment)
- I was able to run a second 5k in training! (brought my time down to 34 minutes!!!)
- I am so much more flexible. I can comfortably cross my legs, sit in all sorts of goofy / twisty positions and can easily bend over to touch my toes / tie shoes.
- I pushed through a 10 day plateau without completely spinning out
- My job has me working events with free pop, candy, snacks and I made it through 3 of them (they are 3 days each) without grabbing the sugary snacks - stuck with the fruit and popcorn.

The journey continues! See you next month!!!

Replies

• BeccaAshley07
    Options
    Great job!
  • ChristiSykes
    ChristiSykes Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Great job! Keep it up!
  • redredfox
    redredfox Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Awesome results! Keep it up!! And don't you just feel so great?? =)
  • Godscanvas
    Options
    Awesome, that is a lot to be proud of, keep up the Great Work!! :)
  • VoodooLuLu
    VoodooLuLu Posts: 636 Member
    Options
    That's awesome congrats!!!!! keep it up!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • FutureMsFit
    FutureMsFit Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Two months and a few days and I've lost 28lbs too! It's so great isn't it?!?! Congratulations! Keep up the hard and amazing work!!
  • belleparis
    belleparis Posts: 111
    Options
    So many accomplishments... Be proud and keep going! Thank u for the inspiration and cheers to you and ur success! :drinker: :drinker:
  • swimcoach07
    swimcoach07 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options

- I now have definition in my waist - my coworker one morning exclaimed "Rachel! Look at those Boobs!!!" (we clearly have a loose work environment)

:laugh:

And also congrats on all the other things, too!
  • pmnelson1
    pmnelson1 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    First of all GREAT JOB!

Thanks for posting this, I'm struggling this week and can see a lot of similarities in our situation.
  • rach503
    Options
    Thanks all for the kind words! I'm pumped about it all, I've seriously never felt better! It's amazing how making small changes can add up to big results. It's kind of hard to believe that just 2 months ago I was so sedentary and unhealthy.

@MaraDiaz - the boobs thing totally cracked me up too!! She thought I had a new shirt on, but it was the same shirt I had worn to work pretty much every week since I started here! haha!! For whatever reason all the weight I lost initially seemed to come from my upper stomach area.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options
    That's fabulous!

Don't get down about a 10-day stall. That's pretty common in women due to all of our hormone fluctuations and water retention. I usually lose 2-3 pounds one week and then maintain for a couple weeks before another big loss.
  • nmc414
    nmc414 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Great Job!! Keep it up..you're well on your way. :smile:
  • musicrocks133
    musicrocks133 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Very good job. You are an inspiration that it can be done with some work.
  • sancach
    sancach Posts: 20
    Options
    Excellent job! You are motivating me to get on track!:smile:
  • newlife6745
    newlife6745 Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    Awesome progress. Keep up the good work!
  • ElaineRN100
    ElaineRN100 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Extremely happy for you.Keep up the awesome work.
  • rach503
    Options
    Thanks everyone!!!

I just keep going with it each day. I try not to lament about things from yesterday or worry about things that could happen tomorrow. It's made it easier to shake off the hiccups here and there.
  • AndreaInRC
    Options
    You can do this! :) Great job!
  • GamerLady
    GamerLady Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Great job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!