Skechers Shape-Ups

jmjones2002
jmjones2002 Posts: 47
edited September 20 in Fitness and Exercise
I am just wondering if anyone wears these? I have been considering getting a pair but before I spend that much money I'd like to know if they really work or help..I know there are several brands out there so if you have a different kind just lemme know..I have been walking about 4-6mi each day that I walk but my shins and knees hurt and was told these would help that!! Thanks so much:-)

Replies

• kistjo
    kistjo Posts: 19 Member
    I personally LOVE EM!! I have two pairs!! I have a high arch not sure if thats why I find them so comfortable or not but just wanted to let you know I think they are great! I havent noticed alot of toning though... not what they make it sound like but it helps. Im a cna so Im on my feet alot and always wear these shoes.
  • Chuck1223
    Chuck1223 Posts: 68 Member
    One of the nurses in my department wears those. She wore them all day long the first day and the next day she was hurting. She started wearing them a little at a time each day until she could wear them all day without discomfort. She says that she can feel firmness in her glutes. She says she loves them. I've seen other people wearing them throughout the hospital so....I quess that they're doing something for some people. :yawn:
  • tattoodfreek
    tattoodfreek Posts: 520 Member
    My friend's mom has a pair and she swears by them. I tried on a pair, and to be honest, i felt like I was walking differently, but it didn't feel like there was a special "burn" any different from normal walking. Though maybe after some time you would feel it?

If you do decide to get them, I noticed at Target the other day that they have a knock off version that sells for $27! They look very similar to the Skechers...maybe a little uglier, LOL. But certainly a far better price!
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Hello,

I personally passed on the sketchers shape ups because they were ugly and I thoguht they looked like I needed a lift because I had short legs or something. LOL:laugh: So I opted for the new Reebok Easy Tones (they already had the walking shoes out but I got the newest version the runners). They are black and look like a normal casual shoe so I can wear them to work and all. I could not get away with the sketchers. The Easy Tones were$100...if you go on Reeboks site you can customize them if you want. I just bought them at the Finish Line. I wear them all day and notice that I feel more muscle activity in my calves and butt. I also wear them when working out. It really helps to put more emphasis on your glutes. I definitely feel it in my glutes more when I do turbo jam. Well I hope this review helps.
  • Beach_Chica
    Beach_Chica Posts: 111
    Hello,

I personally passed on the sketchers shape ups because they were ugly and I thoguht they looked like I needed a lift because I had short legs or something. LOL:laugh: So I opted for the new Reebok Easy Tones (they already had the walking shoes out but I got the newest version the runners). They are black and look like a normal casual shoe so I can wear them to work and all. I could not get away with the sketchers. The Easy Tones were$100...if you go on Reeboks site you can customize them if you want. I just bought them at the Finish Line. I wear them all day and notice that I feel more muscle activity in my calves and butt. I also wear them when working out. It really helps to put more emphasis on your glutes. I definitely feel it in my glutes more when I do turbo jam. Well I hope this review helps.

I was wondering how those shoes were going. I am probably going to splurge and a buy a pair. Are they really worth the $100??
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Hello,

I was wondering how those shoes were going. I am probably going to splurge and a buy a pair. Are they really worth the $100??

Hi,

Well I have only had them for less than a week so far. So I'll have to get back to you on that one LOL. But really, from the time I put them on I felt it in my calves as I walked out of the mall with them on. I got the running ones and wish I would have gotten the walking ones. The runners (although more professional and business casual looking) are more narrow at the top (which hurts my toes a little) and the material is harder leather. I think the walking Easy Tones would have been better for me personally. I do like them though. I wore them today doing turbo jam and really really felt more glute action! So I was impressed with that. As far as just walking around, I feel it more so in my calves but when you are doing exercises you can feel it in the glutes. I think they're worth the money. I previously spent $160 on some other Nike crosstrainers and they ripped at the seam after 4 months...I think these are much more durable and at least I can get some leg work done while wearing them.
  • junipuni
    junipuni Posts: 264 Member
    My sister and mom both have them and love them. Just a tip - if you can wait until Kohl's has their coupons out you can get them there for 70% off with their 30% off coupon.
  • jmjones2002
    jmjones2002 Posts: 47
    Thank you for all the tips and replies..I'm going to check into the reebok shoes as well!!
This discussion has been closed.