Net Calories?

Options
Hey all.

Just to be clear net calories is what you've eaten after work out deficit, right? Yesterday I ate 1077 calories (was not feeling good enough to eat much more) but burned 706, netting 371. Does that mean I still needed to eat about 820 calories, or was that what I should've done?

Replies

• seena511
    seena511 Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    you should have eaten the 820 calories
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options
    You're doing yourself no favors by netting 371. Not to be rude, but how did you feel bad enough to not eat, but well enough to burn 700 calories?
  • liittlesparrow
    liittlesparrow Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    To actually answer your question and not focus on how much food you ate so I can act mad and spout crap about TDEE at you, yes, your net calories are what's left after you've worked out. If you didn't feel like eating, don't worry about it. :) It's just not going to make you feel very well in the long run if you keep eating that little, and burning so much.

Hope you get to feeling better!
  • explainsitall
    Options
    You're doing yourself no favors by netting 371. Not to be rude, but how did you feel bad enough to not eat, but well enough to burn 700 calories?

Didn't feel well later in the evening
  • selina884
    selina884 Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Ah, youre starving yourself.

I wouldnt even advise anyone to eat at 1200, thats the bare minimum.
    Increase it to 1500-1700 to begin with and see if it helps, tweak where necessary.
  • selina884
    Options

The result will be; you will eat away at your muscle and will be left with an unhealthy, withered and ill look. I'm sure that isn't what you are after?
  • micheleb15
    micheleb15 Posts: 1,418 Member
    Options

Gotcha. Like others, I eat 1900 calories a day, usually burn around 350 with Insanity, so my net is around 1550 which is right above my BMR and where I want to be. I always try to at least net my BMR.
  • cubbies77
    cubbies77 Posts: 607 Member
    Options

The result will be; you will eat away at your muscle and will be left with an unhealthy, withered and ill look. I'm sure that isn't what you are after?

It was only one day. She didn't say she eats like this every day.

OP, if you weren't feeling well, there's no reason to force yourself to eat another 900 calories if it's just going to make you sick. You can make up those calories throughout the week by eating a bit more once you're feeling better. If you use the app, it's really easy to see your weekly average for net calories and figure out if you need to make up calories or scale back.
  • selina884
    Options

It was only one day. She didn't say she eats like this every day.

OP, if you weren't feeling well, there's no reason to force yourself to eat another 900 calories if it's just going to make you sick. You can make up those calories throughout the week by eating a bit more once you're feeling better. If you use the app, it's really easy to see your weekly average for net calories and figure out if you need to make up calories or scale back.

Calm down, ppl here are only educating her of the outcome of eating in starvation mode so she's more aware in the future.

Ya know, sharing knowledge?