Calories per day seems low

Options
So it says I get 1260 calories a day. That seems kinda low to me...what do you think?:indifferent:

Replies

• coold
    coold Posts: 85
    Options
    I felt the same way. I just joined 26 days ago. I decided that I would listen to the site and stay within that range, and when i logged my food in and realized I used most of the calories by lunch, it made me want to exercise so that I could eat dinner!! haha...( i was eating terribly and didn't realize the calories i was consuming until i joined MFP.)

It REALLY Works. I set my goal to lose 1 pound a week and I HAVE! exactly!

Welcome!
  • GreenieBean
    Options
    I get 1290 and i usually burn on average 300 cals a day exercising which brings it up to 1590 but I don't even eat all 1590. I stay around 1290 and feel good. I am usually pretty satisfied
  • tkrall
    tkrall Posts: 109
    Options
    I'm set at 1200/per day. At first I thought this was really low too. But I really wanted to lose weight and be healthy. So I decided to stick with this. I found myself going under the amount I was allocated at first and wasn't losing anything. Then I started to incorporate more veggies and fruit and found that the number was perfect. But I started exercising, thus giving me a little cushion if I went over. The best advise I can give, is try it! See if it works for you. If you find yourself going over, try adding more veggies and fruit, and a little exercise to give you a little bit of extra in case you get a little hungary later. Good Luck!
  • missygal
    missygal Posts: 60
    Options
    Sounds good, then I won't worry about it! I'm usually under anyways,.