Plateau, then 3lbs in 6 days! What causes this?

Options
So I plateaued for 3 weeks, and it was so hard to stay motivated when I wasn't seeing the scale move - then in the past 6 days I've lost 3lbs! I'm glad I stuck with it, in the past I would have just given up if my weight loss stopped - but is there something that causes this to happen? I haven't really changed anything.

Replies

• BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options
    Squishy fat. Basically, your fat cells have lost some of their lipids so they decide to fill the empty space with water. Then you body says it's OK to let go of the water and you see a quick drop on the scale.
  • Argentino
    Argentino Posts: 52
    Options
    Poop.
  • icimani
    icimani Posts: 1,454 Member
    Options
    Frustrating isn't it?
    A similar thing happened to me - I was in a plateau for several weeks, then had to have some unpleassant medical tests done, and basically said *kitten* it I'm eating what I want and I went 800-1200 cals over my goal for 2-3 days. I was kicking myself becasue I 'gained' 6 pounds over those few days. But then I started losing a pound a day for several days and my weight is lower than before the splurge days. Go figure!

Sometimes it seems like my body forgets what I'm trying to do, and I have to wake it up a little by changing up my diet and splurging a little, or changing up my exercise routine.
  • UrbanLotus
    UrbanLotus Posts: 1,163 Member
    Options
    Squishy fat. Basically, your fat cells have lost some of their lipids so they decide to fill the empty space with water. Then you body says it's OK to let go of the water and you see a quick drop on the scale.

Interesting, than!