Food allergies that drive you crazy

I can't eat any kind of squash - zucchini, spaghetti squash, yellow squash... not even pumpkin :( Also can't eat raw onions. I used to love all of these but developed an allergy in recent years.

Anyone else have a food allergy that drives you nuts?

Replies

• JusticeGirl25
    JusticeGirl25 Posts: 703 Member
    I don't have a food allergy.
  • bhb301
    bhb301 Posts: 338 Member
    Tree nuts !!
  • MsFree09
    MsFree09 Posts: 44 Member
    I'm allergic to wheat....enough said :sad:
  • alittlemopo
    alittlemopo Posts: 91 Member
    I'm allergic to wheat....enough said :sad:

Me too that developed several months ago and I am soooo sad and a little resentful hahaha
  • theCarlton
    theCarlton Posts: 1,344 Member
    I'm allergic to mangoes. It's the most tragic thing ever because it's my favorite fruit ever. I would eat it chopped up in a salsa, blended into a margarita, or right off the tree one right after the other, juices running down my elbows and chin. But doing that 2 summers ago landed me on steroids :frown: I still eat it in small quantities, though.
  • zyxst
    zyxst Posts: 9,145 Member
    I don't have any (crosses fingers). My mom developed a bizarre one when she got diabetes: red color allergy. She couldn't eat any red, brown, purple, and orange colored foods.
  • calisunrise
    calisunrise Posts: 307
    eggs, grapefruits and oranges. ugh
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    I don't have a food allergy, but I am sensitive to many foods; raw vegetables, esp dark leafy greens, anything too spicy, garlic, onions, anything fried, any caffeine in excess of 1-2 cups of coffee Edit* Ah yes the dreaded citrus fruits also
  • mikonei
    mikonei Posts: 291 Member
    I have a tiny allergy to fresh pineapple. I can eat as much as I want out of a can, but after about a cup and a half of fresh, my tongue starts to get itchy.
  • gil_u
    gil_u Posts: 165 Member
    I don't have any food allergies, but it is upsetting to hear that people are allergic to avocado. I feel like god hates them.

Let's have a moment of silence for those unfortunate souls.
  • sunshinestater
    sunshinestater Posts: 596 Member
    I don't have any food allergies, but my husband is allergic to chicken. It's not a swelling allergy, but more like a lactose intolerance on a severe scale. We were once at a retreat where he ate meatloaf and got violently sick all night. Next morning we found out there was chicken in it. Thankfully that's the only time he's accidentally eaten any since we've been married. Oddly enough, he can eat things made with chicken broth. It's the meat that gets him.