Protein

Options
I think I need more protein in my diet. I'm lactose intolerant so no milk for me. Anyone have a suggestion for a good protein?

Replies

• TonyaR
    TonyaR Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    fish is high in protein, or chicken!
  • bk325f
    bk325f Posts: 9
    Options
    Other than meat...nuts are a good source of protein & also beans such as lentil or kidney beans. Peanut butter is good, but then you get into a fat content issue, so can't have too much of that.
  • missygal
    missygal Posts: 60
    Options
    Other than meat...nuts are a good source of protein & also beans such as lentil or kidney beans. Peanut butter is good, but then you get into a fat content issue, so can't have too much of that.

Nuts are good! Almonds??
  • lreed
    lreed Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    egg whites? Some protein powders? What about greek yogurt, I hear some people can eat that? Good luck!:flowerforyou:
  • agrasty2002
    agrasty2002 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Hi there...muscle milk is lactose free and has 32g of protein. It tastes great and they have many flavors.
  • missygal
    Options
    Hi there...muscle milk is lactose free and has 32g of protein. It tastes great and they have many flavors.

Muscle Milk has Whey in it and that's dairy of some sort. I tried it but stomache didn't agree.
  • agrasty2002
    Options

Muscle Milk has Whey in it and that's dairy of some sort. I tried it but stomache didn't agree.

OH ok...I get ya. You may just be better off with nuts, beans, and other types of lean meats and eggs....I'm not sure what your dietary preferences are (are you vegetarian/vegan, etc.).
  • missygal
    Options
    No I'm on regular diet just cant have anything that has milk in it. Like cheese, yogurt, whey protein, ect...
  • agrasty2002
    Options
    Oh ok...then definitely lean meats are the way to go...lean turkey breast, chicken breast, etc. Fish is another great source. I love to add beans to my foods/salads as well and I'm learning to put sliced almonds on my salads or just eat them by themselves. :)
  • Catdemar
    Catdemar Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Muscle Milk is MPI milk protein isolate that is low lactose.
  • Catdemar
    Catdemar Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    They do make products with both whey whe protein isolate and milk protein isolates.
    I say go with th egg white. I make a 3 egg fried egg spinach wih a dash of cheese ummmmmmmmm
  • pattio
    pattio Posts: 9
    Options
    hi i have been making low salt, low fat soup with 1lb of stewing beef and i also make vegetarian chili with lots of beans for protien. it fills me up and is so easy to take for lunches and premeasure for dinner . good luck
    :smile:
  • ginabhappy
    ginabhappy Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I like to add lowfat chesesticks & walnuts for protein
  • ginabhappy
    Options
    that sounds great
  • ginabhappy
    Options
    I love Chobani Greek yogurt (Sams Club)
  • cynthiaj777
    cynthiaj777 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I just went through my food diary and pulled athat have abnormally high protein. Soy sauce, fish, mushrooms, lean turkey, mushroom and onion quesadilla, shrimp, caesar salad, chinese sesame chicken (ridiculous amount of protein),

Hope this helps! Also, go through some people's food diary that are open to get ideas. I like watching what my friends are eating...gives me ideas.