macro help!

Options
I hope I'm posting in the right section. I'm trying to figure out a good macro breakdown. I went on marks daily apple website and used his ideas for primal eating macros. Right now Im doing 35/25/40 c/p/f. He says to figure out protein needs, and 150g of carbs is plenty and the rest is healthy fats. I'm just worried that is way to much fat. I want to keep building muscle and stay lean. He says that once you know how much protein you need and keep carbs consistent your body will use fat as primary fuel instead of your carbs and protein. Any advice is greatly appreciated.

Replies

• mryak750
    mryak750 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    1g of protien per Lean Body Mass
    .4g of fat per pound of total weight
    Then fill the rest of your diet with carbs,or whatever you like...
    example....I'm not sure whats your total calorie limit for the day...but lets say someone trying to lose wieght, total body weight 200 pounds Lean Body Mass 170.... with a limit of 2000 cals would....
    that person would eat
    170g of protien 1g protien=4 cals 170x4=680
    80g of fat 1g fat=9 cals 80x9=720
    1400 cals from p/f at alone, and subract it from the total cals(2000)=600 cals from carbs/fat/protien.....so if it were carbs, since 1g carb=4 cals we would divide it by 4=150g from carbs..with this diet your able to lose weight and keep muscle mass...
    The most important thing is to at least fulfill your daily goal of protien and fats...once thats obtained you can fill it in with whatever you want....