CHALLENGE! NO FASTFOOD MAY!

Options

Replies

• sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    I'm in!!!! I did the April challenge was horrible about checking in, but I just realized today I went an ENTIRE MONTH without eating, Taco Bell, McDonald's, BK!!! That's pretty I awesome considering I was eating TB bean burritos about 3x a week! Amazing I'm not single:laugh:

I did eat Chipolte and Subway. I feel like these are fresh foods and they make it really easy to get smart, high fiber meals.

Good luck to all and I'll try to be better about updates :drinker:
  • Sweetie_Pie92
    Sweetie_Pie92 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I'm in just as long as the salads I order from Wendy's don't count.... I get them once a week during my lunch break at the college, and I don't use their dressing.
  • FabiolaEnvy♥
    Options
    i wouldnt mind joining... but i have one papusa leftover and i was gonna save it for tomorrow and eat it... but, that would consider a fast food wouldnt it???

i dont want it to go to waste.. is it ok i eat it and the rest of the other days i dont? i know i can do it.
  • lnixon
    lnixon Posts: 6
    Options
    I am in. I just looked at my bank account and every day contained one or more fast food resturants. I am a student with a small child so either my husband or I will generally pick up food or get home only to realize we are too tired to cook and will go back out to get something. This will give me the start I need.
  • lilykarger
    lilykarger Posts: 25
    Options
    oh yeah im in.. this is easy.. lol
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    No fast food in April wasn't bad so I'm in for May too.
  • sixtyinchesoffury
    sixtyinchesoffury Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    hey all!!! just wanted to check in and see how everyone is holding up. I am totally shocked I've continued to do this challenge going

on week 6 :drinker: you know you are driven when instead of going through a drive though ( that was me 6 weeks ago) you

actually stop at a store and buy something healthy to take back to the office. which btw takes the same anount of time :laugh:

so keep up the good work everyone and i'll do the same!!!!:flowerforyou:
  • chgraham
    chgraham Posts: 122
    Options
    Since I don't eat fast food, I decided to go without my lattes this month. I was tempted on Sunday to get a latte, my best friend offered to buy me one and I said no thank you. I had my green tea in the car and that was good enough for me. I think she was impressed that I am willing to give up something I love just to get rid of the extra weight I am carrying around.
  • marujita
    marujita Posts: 53
    Options
    Good goal. I'm in. I'm gonna try to make it a goal for what I feed my kids, too.
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    Thanks for checking in everyone :) I too am still going strong to my suprise... this week Chick-Fil-a has been REALLY tempting....

I guess I feel better but not see major results on the scale... anyone else?
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    so normally this would be a cinch for me but I've messed up this week. I don't feel too bad about it since I am in kauai on vacation for the week :glasses:

can be hard to find the 'right' foods here after a day at the beach
  • bowbee
    bowbee Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Still fightin' the fight and goin' strong!!
  • rcatr
    rcatr Posts: 374 Member
    Options
    i'm in.
  • MFT2010
    MFT2010 Posts: 122
    Options
    damn chickfila! First time in almost a month and a half... arh!
  • girlonabike
    Options
    Hi, my first blog... I'm in and even going to do it the whole foods way.
  • mworld
    mworld Posts: 270
    Options
    ok im back and on plan - my big weakness is pizza....not exactly fast food, but im kind of counting it as such
  • chronosfire
    chronosfire Posts: 52
    Options
    I am in! I'm living in a small town, and all there is are fast food places. So I am all about this challenge.
  • boomboom011
    boomboom011 Posts: 1,459
    Options
    Im in! Not only will I I slim my waist line but my wallet will get a little fatter too.
  • kendra1307
    kendra1307 Posts: 3
    Options
    Count me in! I need to stop eating fast foods all together so this will definitely help cause I love challenges
  • Ryhenblue
    Ryhenblue Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    3 more DAYS!!!!!!!!!!
    I just drove from Washington to Colorado a couple of weeks ago and was worried about what I was going to eat on the 2 day trip. I brought Wheat Thins, grapes, and a variety of health bars. I chose healthy items from truck stops like a turkey sandwich on wheat with no mayo, a vegi and cheese tray, and jerky. I felt great that I didn't have to stop for fast food and was able to eat fairly healthy on the road. If you're planning a road trip this long weekend make sure to pack healthy snacks and look for healthy options in the truck stops.
    Hope you have a great Holiday Weekend!