4 hours of mulching?! How many cals did I burn?!

Options
I did mulch for 4 hours!? how do I calculate how many calories I burned?! I looked on one website and it said 318 cals per hour which would mean I burned 1272 calories!! is this accurate?! thoughts?!

Replies

• stephanj
    stephanj Posts: 898 Member
    Options
    I know when I am shoveling while gardening, I am working up a crazy sweat. But don't eat 1200 cals back, that's too much you would have to binge or eat something unhealthy, just enjoy the extra burn!
  • ChrisLindsay9
    ChrisLindsay9 Posts: 837 Member
    Options
    That is a nice workout. Maybe record it as Cleaning (Heavy, Vigorous Effort). Obviously, you worked hard than that, but it might give you a good idea of how many calories burned that you can eat back?
  • mooshie89
    mooshie89 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    thank you!! I was still under my calorie goal!
  • DavPul
    DavPul Posts: 61,406 Member
    Options
    I know when I am shoveling while gardening, I am working up a crazy sweat. But don't eat 1200 cals back, that's too much you would have to binge or eat something unhealthy, just enjoy the extra burn!

The only way to eat an additional 1200 calories of food over an entire day is to eat unhealthy things?

You call 1200 cals a binge. I call it lunch
  • Mainebikerchick
    Mainebikerchick Posts: 1,573 Member
    Options

The only way to eat an additional 1200 calories of food over an entire day is to eat unhealthy things?

You call 1200 cals a binge. I call it lunch

:laugh: