The Most You've Ever Gone Over By Is...?

Options
I hope no one will get offended with me for starting this thread. I had a really bad day with my eating yesterday (it was a cheat day that ended up going overboard!) and I didn't log it so that no one could see how bad it was. But I know that part of the reason we MFPals log is to be accountable... So I confess that yesterday, I went over by about 4000 cals :embarassed:

Just out of curiosity, what's the most you've ever gone over by in one day?

Replies

• jenillawafer
    jenillawafer Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Roughly 6,000, LOL! Oh, Chinese buffets. They are my weakness!
    And you know what? I enjoyed every bite.
  • JeneticTraining
    JeneticTraining Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Like 5000 calories.

Went crazy on cashews.
  • devan44
    devan44 Posts: 130
    Options
    LOL, i still log mine but I lock my diary for a few days so no one will know :blushing: I usually lock by like 8 friday night (after a few bud lights) and reopen Monday, I've gone over by several thousand. Just start over, it's all good :flowerforyou:
  • palmerar
    palmerar Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I would have no idea, I usually stop logging when I get a few hundred over...........probably a few thousand at my worst and most of it was probably in alcohol/shots
  • skinnyinnotime
    skinnyinnotime Posts: 4,141 Member
    Options
    Around 1,500....I literally could not stomach 000's of calories in one day...even Christmas!
  • Shadowknight137
    Shadowknight137 Posts: 1,243 Member
    Options
    I sometimes mix things up.

A day I might drop it to 400kcal under, then the next go over by 3000. Why? Well, why not.
  • NutellaAddict
    NutellaAddict Posts: 1,258 Member
    Options
    Probably only 2 or 3 hundred
  • ihaveabutt
    Options
    I've definitely gone over by about 3,000. Mostly during shark week. No regrets though, still alive and kickin'.
  • Azexas
    Azexas Posts: 4,334 Member
    Options
    I think the most I went over was 775- had red lobster- kinda went crazy.
  • BflSaberfan
    BflSaberfan Posts: 1,272
    Options
    200-300, but stayed under my TDEE
  • majope
    majope Posts: 1,325 Member
    Options
    209. But I get to eat a lot on long run days, so I'm not generally tempted to go over.
  • missmegan831
    missmegan831 Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Zero :) Mentally there were times I sure wanted too, but the benefits of sticking to my goal out weigh any overage in my book.
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,868 Member
    Options
    Probably about 1,500 or so. My stomach is too small these days to eat tons and tons...I get sick way before I could drastically over eat. 1,500 over would equate to about 1,000 over my maintenance...easy enough to deal with.

Personally OP, and I'm not trying to be harsh, but perhaps you should skip the "cheat" days. Perhaps try eating those foods you really enjoy in moderation rather than cutting them out entirely and fit them into your daily calorie goals.
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    If you haven't eaten 8000 calories in a day, you haven't lived.
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    11,000 or so
  • soulshine23
    soulshine23 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    2000!
    i made the mistake of making homemade granola bars, that were just too delicious and irrestible.
    i ate al of them over the course of the day, even though i put them in the freezer to protect myself from them- evil things, lol.

it wasn't even like they were that bad... oats, almonds, raisins, a tiny bit of pb, tiny bit of brown rice syrup. but,
    the whole recipe was 2000, and i ate all of them :(

oh well! tomorrow is always a new day to begin again, with the knowledge that i can't make granola bars again, lol.
    we are all human, imperfect, and there are far, far worse things... just dust yourself off and try again.
  • TriShamelessly
    TriShamelessly Posts: 905 Member
    Options
    Not sure what damage Ii did on vacation because I didn't have access to MFP while in the islands. Probably 1500 while on vacation. Less than 750 over on actual logged days, and usually that follows a day where I have 1000-1500 leftover from long day of exercise on the weekend. The carb cravings hit badly!
  • SmartAlec03211988
    SmartAlec03211988 Posts: 1,896 Member
    Options
    6350 calories... which is about 4350 over maintenance. I enjoyed it. But the bloating for almost a week afterward wasn't so fun lol!
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    Over 9000! Actually I think it was 7000-something.
  • LittleBonni
    Options
    About 5,000 cal. I had just finished final exams for my first semester of nursing school and I had passed all of them with flying colors. So, my friend and I went to a Chinese buffet to celebrate and things pretty much escalated from there. We ended up in the mall and, of course, the mall is covered in those little sweets stands and stuff. Brownies are my weakness. And by weakness, I mean they obliterate any motivation/will-power I have. And it doesn't help that they are PACKED with calories.

I was so ashamed of myself that day! Hasn't happened since though, I learned my lesson, hahaha.