What am I doing so wrong??? Advice needed pleeeease

Options
2»

Replies

• PikaKnight
    PikaKnight Posts: 34,971 Member
    Options
    Do not adjust your calories until you have tracked your vegetables for awhile! As of right now, you don't really know how much you are eating.

At 5'1, 1200 is over your BMR and is probably fine if you are only working out twice a week.

You are at a healthy weight. Having those children changed your body. Carrying a kid around builds upper body strength! Make sure that you are being realistic in your goals.

Just to put it out there...I'm 5'1 and my BMR is 1575.
  • magerum
    magerum Posts: 12,589 Member
    Options
    You need to increase the intensity and/or frequency of your workouts.

I don't think you need to boost your calories (I never agree with that).

You DO however need to count your vegetables. You need to track EVERYTHING you eat or drink. Literally everything, even gum and beverages to have an accurate count.

One other thing - you may look into a colon cleanse. Sometimes people have "putrified waste" stuck in their colons, and it will prevent you from losing those last few pounds. John Wayne died with 50 pounds of putrified waste in his system. The more protein you eat, the more likely you are to have it in your system.

No. Just no.

HeadDesk2_zps49c498e1.gif
  • CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,377 Member
    Options
    You need to increase the intensity and/or frequency of your workouts.

I don't think you need to boost your calories (I never agree with that).

You DO however need to count your vegetables. You need to track EVERYTHING you eat or drink. Literally everything, even gum and beverages to have an accurate count.

One other thing - you may look into a colon cleanse. Sometimes people have "putrified waste" stuck in their colons, and it will prevent you from losing those last few pounds. John Wayne died with 50 pounds of putrified waste in his system. The more protein you eat, the more likely you are to have it in your system.

She's kidding! Except for the logging. But, she's kidding! Please let her be kidding.
  • sizzle74
    sizzle74 Posts: 858 Member
    Options
    Are you nursing?
  • concordancia
    concordancia Posts: 5,320 Member
    Options
    Do not adjust your calories until you have tracked your vegetables for awhile! As of right now, you don't really know how much you are eating.

At 5'1, 1200 is over your BMR and is probably fine if you are only working out twice a week.

You are at a healthy weight. Having those children changed your body. Carrying a kid around builds upper body strength! Make sure that you are being realistic in your goals.

Just to put it out there...I'm 5'1 and my BMR is 1575.

Well, the OP included weight, but I was still off: at her weight my BMR would be about 1200, but I am a lot older.
  • Georgiafootballmama
    Options
    Try mixing things up a bit...same food, same exercise all the time can be boring and lead to frustration. Try just walking and maybe some days eat a little more or something other than you yogurt...like an egg white omelet with spinach and some low fat feta. I agree with others that you need to track everything including veggies.

also don't put so much into what the scale says...how do you feel, are your clothes fitting better, do you feel toned and energetic. Track your inches as well as the pounds.

Bottom line is being healthy and happy.
  • sallyaj
    sallyaj Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I can't lose weight on that diet. I know that it works for some people but it does not work for me. Try going High fat, low carb -- I've lost 10 pounds in two months and I am never hungry and have zero cravings. It's like my hunger hit the off switch.

Plus, sidelined with a knee injury, I've been away from the gym for a month, and still losing weight.

Check out the LCHF and keto message boards.

Best of luck to you!
  • cmclean24816
    cmclean24816 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their comments, I have read the road map and calculated my stats as below

Body Fat 24.5%
    BMR 1293
    TDEE 1856 at lightly active for 1-3 workouts per week
    So I will try to do TDEE less 20% which gives 1484 calls per day

Does this sound about right? Hope I have followed it correctly
  • cmclean24816
    cmclean24816 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Thanks to everyone for their comments, I have read the road map and calculated my stats as below

Body Fat 24.5%
    BMR 1293

Does this sound about right? Hope I have followed it correctly uk,.
  • Alta2000
    Alta2000 Posts: 655 Member
    Options

Body Fat 24.5%
    BMR 1293

Make sure that you log all the vegetables, EVERYTHING you eat, and weigh it on a food scale. 1 tb of peanut butter does not have the same weight each time or is not the same size as the 1tb that the package states so the calories differ significantly.
  • Jen800
    Jen800 Posts: 548 Member
    Options
    Hello,

You could be eating WAY too low. Try upping your calories. You can search for the post on it here :

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/654536-in-place-of-a-road-map-2-0-revised-7-2-12

But basically if you are eating 1200 calories then you are probably eating too little. Read the post in its entirety and try it out but give it time. And don't forget - some times you are losing inches which are WAY better to lose. I have a cousin who weighs 130 pounds but doesn't look like she weighs much more than 110. And its because of muscle (but she doesn't look super muscular - she is curvy but lean, if that makes sense)

Beautifully put, I second her comments!!

I agree with this, check out that thread. Also, why are you not counting vegetable calories? Everything has calories, even vegetables, and they add up fast if you don't count them. If you're not eating enough of them to add up to anything, then you need to eat more of them! Good luck and I hope you break your plateau soon :)
  • cmeiron
    cmeiron Posts: 1,599 Member
    Options

Body Fat 24.5%
    BMR 1293

Does this sound about right? Hope I have followed it correctly

Sounds more reasonable to me. Although, it looks like you only have about 15 lbs to lose? You might consider doing -15% for now and increase as you get closer to your goal. Do be sure to count everything and weigh your portions, to make sure you're hitting your targets. After a while you'll get a sense if it's a better match for you (you may need to adjust up or down). Good luck!!!
  • smickey827
    smickey827 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hey. I agree, you need to make sure you are eating enough calories for your weight.
  • SRH7
    SRH7 Posts: 2,037 Member
    Options

Body Fat 24.5%
    BMR 1293

Give it a go for a couple of weeks and see how you get on. As others have said, you need to log everything, right down to your vegetables and drinks.

If you have any queries about the Roadmap the groups on MFP is really helpful. You can join here: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/8017-in-place-of-a-road-map :smile: