does putting on smaller clothes feel strange to you?

Options
I know strange question. I delayed for months and months buying new clothes. My old clothes were literly falling off me. So last weekend I went out to get clothes for our upcoming trip which felt amazing.

But now when I put things on and they fit tighter I panic for a second and then realize that they are 1/2 the size I once was (gone from size 16 to size 8) and from size XL to S/M/.

It feels strange having clothes that fit tighter and not falling off. Falling off clothes make me realize how much I have lost but of course look silly.

It is amazing how your mind can play tricks on you.

Replies

• kavanaghev
    kavanaghev Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS! I know what you're talking about, and it is really weird for me (I shop in my old size just automatically). Most importantly though... amazing job on your weight loss.
  • mrsburghart
    mrsburghart Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    I just had this feeling recently. I was putting on a size medium hoodie I've never been able to wear. I felt the tightness around my arms and swore to myself it wasn't going to fit. I decided to try anyway, and VIOLA! It fit perfectly and looked darn good. I usually get this feeling BEFORE trying on clothes though. looking at them and how small they are and telling myself they aren't going to fit...it still shocks me when they do!

BTW: Great job on your weightloss! Half your size is amazing :)
  • ktsmom430
    ktsmom430 Posts: 1,100 Member
    Options
    I had lost 90 pounds before I bought new clothes last September.
    Everytime I go down a size now I think, "these will never fit me", but so far they have. Down from tight size
    24 W a year ago to a size 10 now that is a little loose now in the rear and waist, but am holding off on buying size 8 for now.

Congratulations to you!
  • Fiedems
    Fiedems Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    While I haven't bought new clothes yet, I had too many that I had outgrown that now are starting to fit again. I have had a few pieces where I used to put them on and stretch them and now I don't have to. It's amazing and weird all at the same time. I'm planning a shopping trip for summer. I KNOW I'll need something new then!!

Great job, keep up the good work!!
  • skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    Options
    I just got my new swimsuit in the mail today. I put off the purchase for several days because even though the size charts and my measurements put me in a small I couldn't bring myself to believe I should be ordering that size.

I put it on and it fit perfectly :happy: I think sizing down is difficult because we fear it wont fit, so that we will grow out of it. Baggy clothes are a reminder of how far we have come.
  • jacque1129
    jacque1129 Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    i do it all the time, folding laundry i'll assume my skinny jeans are my sisters because they're so small there's no way it can be mine.

it's such a weird feeling to not buy a size 13 or look for an xl shirt. i naturally go to the 13/14's when shopping for pants, digging to the bottom of piles with my fingers crossed for something bigger than a 10. until i remember i'm a size 8 and "normal" stores carry my size.

i've kept my biggest pants (size 15) and i can't wait to try them on when i get to my ultimate goal weight just to see how far i've really come!
  • healthygreek
    healthygreek Posts: 2,137 Member
    Options
    I've been slowly buying new clothes cause I'm almost down to my final goal and it feels great to have some clothes that aren't falling off baggy, but I'm having a heck of a time getting rid of my big clothes. I'm afraid to even though I've been maintaining my losses for years. I'm finally starting to give away my larger sizes and planning to give away my winter clothes that are too big as soon as the weather improves. I will NEVER need them again.
  • wnbrice
    wnbrice Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    I have two or three shirts that are my motivation for weight loss that I just cant wait to put on. Wanted to wear them for years but was too big.
  • MaraDiaz
    MaraDiaz Posts: 4,604 Member
    Options
    In an amazing way, yes! I have a pair of jeans I never wore before, no clue where I got them, some thrift store years ago I guess, never thought I would ever be able to wear them or would want to. They fit now and I love them.
  • kakes80
    kakes80 Posts: 251 Member
    Options
    Today I bought some pants that I thought were going to be too small... they were still too big. So yes... It feels weird. But wonderful job!!!
  • Seaglass1123
    Seaglass1123 Posts: 500 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your weight loss!!!

Yeah it seems surreal. I too was wearing clothes that were too big for a while. When I finally got clothes that fit I couldn't believe they did and that "fitted" feeling was so unfamiliar. It took me a while and now I hate clothes that are baggy on me even like sweat pants. Funny how things change.
  • KathleenC12
    KathleenC12 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Wow, terrific results! I've so enjoyed dropping sizes but it's been tough on my bank account, what with new things and alterations, Still, who would want to go back? Good for you!
  • veggiehottie
    veggiehottie Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Sometimes while putting something on, in the back of my mind I think to myself that it won't fit, that it will be too small.

And then it slides right on, and fits nicely. Hmmmm.
  • ArmandoG28
    ArmandoG28 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    NOTHIN I WEAR IS SMALL,but i did go from 5xlt to xlt booooya !
  • mumtoonegirl
    mumtoonegirl Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    I love the feeling of going to the smaller sizes but I forget sometimes and when I put them on and they fit I panic thinking I gained weight back because I am so used to clothes falling off me. Then I remember they are supposed to actually fit this way and the panic calms down.