Not another cheat meal thread

Options
Hey guys, I know that there have been so many topics and opinions on this subject but if there are other people who are doing Insanity like me I would love to know what your opinions are on cheat meals during Insanity.

I am craving chocolate big time. Cake, fish and chips, cream egg, cheesecake, all that good stuff.

Now I know to get the best results you have to follow the book but I have noticed my cravings are getting worse and worse and I kinda feel like binging. But of course I'm not going to allow myself to do so because that would be very bad :P

What should I do? are cheat meals ok once a week? or once a month? or should I not bother and just suck it up?

Replies

• BackTatJIM
    BackTatJIM Posts: 1,140 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/817188-iifym
    read this ^^ and you will never have to cheat!
  • mdcoug
    mdcoug Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    The other week I was craving a cupcake. Not a homemade, low-fat kind-of cupcake; a real bakery cupcake. So I planned out a few days ahead, pre-logged my meals and figured out how many calories I needed to have that cupcake. And it was good. So incredibly good. And now? The craving is gone.

So, I think you can have your indulgences. Plan it out, don't let it turn into a binge and enjoy!
  • Katetw
    Katetw Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    this is why fad diets don't work. You will inevitably want to break the impossible restrictions, and when you do, you will gain the weight back.

To truly lose weight you need to change your lifestyle. For me personally, it has been more portion control and limiting--but NOT excluding--treats.

Ditch the fad diet. Figure out how many calories you get to eat per day (that's what MFP is for!). Eat that many. It will be hard at first, but you will learn to make better choices to stay full longer, and still allow yourself the treats you want in a limited amount.

Good luck!