My First NSV

kge0891
kge0891 Posts: 276 Member
Having a pretty rough diet day, so I thought I'd post about my first NSV to cheer myself up!

Within the past 4 years I've tried to donate blood four times. Twice I was allowed to, and twice I was rejected. I told all my friends I couldn't donate blood because my iron was too low but that was a lie. I actually couldn't donate because my pulse was over 100bpm which is too high to donate. I was embarrassed that as a girl around 19-20 years old, I couldn't keep my pulse under 100. These were times when my eating was at its worst and my lack of exercise made me very out of shape (and I was consequently at my highest weight).

Today I went to donate blood, and I passed with flying colors! After losing roughly 30 pounds since my highest weight, and keeping very active, I had a pulse of 74 bpm and blood pressure of 112/68! Yay for being healthy and for being able to save up to three lives! :smile:

Replies

• rincoglionita
    rincoglionita Posts: 177 Member
    Woohooo! That is fantastic! Congrats on that major health victory!
  • ami5000psu
    ami5000psu Posts: 391 Member
    That is so great! Congrats!
  • kleonard42
    kleonard42 Posts: 204 Member
    That's awesome!! As someone in the medical field, it is sooo nice to read about improved health like that. That's so good and exciting:)
  • knyagrl
    knyagrl Posts: 20
    That's a fantastic NSV! Great job!
  • Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Excellent. Great feeling of accomplishement and heading in the right direction.
  • kstiffler10
    kstiffler10 Posts: 21 Member
    Wow!! That's fantastic!! I know how you feel I got the flu and for some relief I took sudafed and it made my blood pressure go sky high I thought my heart was going to pop out of my chest, I'm only 25 so that's when I decided to start my weight loss journey. Keep up the good work there will be plenty more NSV, health is what matters not the number on a scale.
  • MadDogManor
    MadDogManor Posts: 1,505 Member
    Great to hear your health is improving, and our blood supply is being replenished :) Thank you!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!