Insanity Diet Help

According to Insanity if I'm going to do the 1.7 very active (hard exercise 6-7 days a week) I have to eat 2188 calories and if I'm going to do the 1.55 moderately active (moderate exercise 3-5 days) I have to eat 1951 calories. I wonder if this is even realistic since it says you have to eat more when you exercise because it's intense but I don't know. Anyone doing Insanity, do you think I should follow it or not? I'm thinking of exercising 6 days a week so that's the very active one that after I followed the equation I got 2188 but I think that would just make me gain weight.

"Harris Benedict Equation
Woman: 655 + (4.35 x weight in pounds) + (4.7 x height in inches) - (4.7 x age in years)
Men: 66 + (6.23 x weight in pounds) + (12.7 x height in inches) - (6.8 x age in years)"
That number x1.7 for Very Active
Then -500 for weight loss.

Then here is the diet I was thinking of doing:

breakfast: proatmeal 500
snack: cold cut platter 289
lunch: chicken salad 500
dinner: dinner omelet (egg) 302
snack: protein pizza muffin 400
=1991

breakfast: egg white breakfast wrap 296
snack: berrry protein smoothie 400
lunch: deli sandwich 500
dinner: brown rice bowl 500
snack: nutrition bar /w banana 400
=2096

breakfast: cereal bowl 500
snack: protein omelet 400
lunch: turkey blt 500
dinner: steak with broccoli 400
snack: protein powder shake /w banana ~300
~2100

Extra dinner ideas
salmon nicoise plate 301 (400 add a slice of whole wheat bread)
(500 +2tsp olive oil on salad)
whole wheat pasta /w vegetables and feta 304 (400 add 2-3 oz diced grilled chicken breast)

None of them fulfill the 2188 requirement since I'm a picky eater but these are the foods I want to eat since I really want to lose the weight and I wonder if this diet since it's part of Insanity, well most of it, that it'll give me great results. I haven't started Insanity yet so I wouldn't know but I will soon which is why I want to figure out my diet. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

Replies

• jerzie1213
    jerzie1213 Posts: 4 Member
    i'm having kind of the same dilemma! i just started insanity this past monday and have been struggling to figure out an adequate nutrition plan because i really want to stick to their system!

i can't imagine that in doing 40min of intense working out a day, that i deserve to call myself "very active," when the whole rest of the day i'm basically sedentary. i decided to do the calculation based on my normal routine, and use the number that came out as my NET calorie goal each day. it actually says i should be eating about 1200 calories per day. so then when i do insanity, i "earn" that many more calories each day, and i do it on a daily basis kind of thing. so like 2 days ago i burned 648 calories because it was so intense, so i was able to eat up to 1848 calories that day, but yesterday was recovery so i only burned less than 300, so i could only eat up to 1500 calories. plus, on sundays there's no workout at all so i definitely can't justify eating the 1800 calories it says i could if i were "very active." so basically my vote is that you calculate the calories based on your NORMAL activity level, and then consider the calories you burn each day with insanity as a "bonus" since it really does seem to change every day. good luck! it's so fun!!