Making a come back

Options
I'm ready to make the change. I can use any advice that is out there. This is my fifth time. I need this.

Replies

• Timshel_
    Timshel_ Posts: 22,834 Member
    Options
    What is it that makes you stop?
  • Godscanvas
    Options
    Keep Going! Have a bad day? Start new tomorrow! Don't give up and remember that there are ALOT of people fighting the same fight!! We are human we will not always be perfect at what we start but the point is you recognize you need to do something and you are here, starting to do it! :smile:
  • sheffiej31
    Options
    One day at a time. Don't set any unrealistic goals. This is a lifelong journey, not a race. Make small changes and stick with them. You will "fall of the wagon" and you will "backslide," but don't give up! Keep your eyes on the end goal - a healthier version of YOU!

Don't deny yourself what you love. If it's unhealthy in terms of fat, carbs and calories, limit how often you eat them. Trust and believe that you can do this. I am here for you. Friend me if you would like. Just remember, take it one day at a time. Lots of little goal accomplishments = a happier and more determined you.
  • Onmyway39
    Onmyway39 Posts: 10
    Options
    stress
  • Onmyway39
    Onmyway39 Posts: 10
    Options
    thanks
  • cutie_patootie
    Options
    There will come a day when....

1) you will be stressed and the last thing you want to do is pay attention to what goes in your mouth...don't give up!
    2) Everyone is having too much fun and you want to join in without thinking about calorie....don't give in!
    3) you will watch your calories and workout regularly but no one will see any difference....don't give up!
    4) it seems like its taking forever to lose weight 'cause you hit a plateau...tweak your diet/exercise to break the plateau but don't give up!
    5) Allow and accept the fact that you will screw up at one time or another. Make sure these slips are rare...Don't give up!

I am sure that each and everyone one of us who is using MFP regularly has given up at some point and came back. The focus should be not how many times you gave up but how many times you came back. It must mean something if you returned to focus on your health or weight loss or both.

Stay strong!:flowerforyou:
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I'm ready to make the change. I can use any advice that is out there. This is my fifth time. I need this.

Be stubborn. The best advice I can give to be honest. Try different things, see what you enjoy. Try to educate yourself via PEER-REVIEWED research (not some BS from cosmopolitan). But in the end... just be persistent and stubborn and keep logging no matter what
  • brit_ks_89
    brit_ks_89 Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    YOU GOTTA WANT IT REALLY REALLY REALLY BAD!!!!!
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!