what was i thinking!

Options
Ive been on my journey for over 2 years ive been motivated most of the time and have changed my eating habits alot. It was my birthday last week and i consumed alot of alcohol, ive eaten way too much food, takeouts, snacks chocolate and lots of cake! It was my brothers and husbands bday in the same week as mine. I dont even know how i managed to eat so much! Ive logged everything each day, i calculated that i must of gained at least 3-4lbs but im too scared to weigh! Nobody has said i look bigger but i feel awful and the bloating is horrible i actually see myself in the mirror as massive im disappointed but i will be back on track tomorrow am i being dramatic or could i really of become that big in 10 days? Advice and thoughts needed x

Replies

1223345 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    What I usually do is a couple of days of recovery. Aside from my coffee, I will stick to water, maybe with lemon if I need flavor. Then avoid any food that comes from a box or bag. Just veggies, maybe lean chicken or eggs if I feel I must have some kind of protein. This usually helps me get right again in mind so that I don't continue the splurging.
  • nwg74
    nwg74 Posts: 360 Member
    Options
    I have gone up 6 pounds in 6 days and I know it is from eating the wrong things during my week off. It will soon come off but takes a bit of time as I know it isn't real weight as I haven;t consumed the excess calories required.. It is the bloating of my stomach that has got me, it looks massive. I have already gone down half a pound and I tend to lose half to three quarters of a pound a day.
  • cmcollins001
    cmcollins001 Posts: 3,472 Member
    Options
    You may be bloated, have excess water weight, or other reason for "weight" gain according to the scale. However, that may not mean you've actually gained fat. How your clothes feel, measurements and time are the most accurate.

Just get back on track, give yourself some time, and don't beat yourself up. You have to be able to enjoy yourself and birthday parties and life and be easier on yourself.
  • khadijak17
    khadijak17 Posts: 393 Member
    Options
    You may be bloated, have excess water weight, or other reason for "weight" gain according to the scale. However, that may not mean you've actually gained fat. How your clothes feel, measurements and time are the most accurate.

Just get back on track, give yourself some time, and don't beat yourself up. You have to be able to enjoy yourself and birthday parties and life and be easier on yourself.

i havent actually weighed myself but my calculations from what ive eaten a roughly of fat :( back on it tomorrow i know i can do this! too scared to put on my jeans! either ive got really big or i have a slight case of body dismorphia (sigh)
  • khadijak17
    Options
    Is there anyone else who has experienced the same would like to know what they experienced weight gain wise?
  • RunWinterGarden
    RunWinterGarden Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    If you can't splurge from time to time what's the point of living? Weight yourself and see how bad it was and then refocus to get the pounds you just put on right off. Trust me, the ones that just came on will fall off almost as quickly.
  • nine2481
    nine2481 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    It's all in your head . . . You will be fine love ! Just continue to consume the right amount of calories and forget about your little splurge :) HUGS
  • 007FatSlayer
    007FatSlayer Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Just a minor set back! Look how far you've already come...continuing on after a little splurging is easy breezy.
  • justkiesh
    justkiesh Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Don't be afraid of a measly 3 or 4 lbs! This is a life long journey, you may fluctuate here and there. Just get right back on track like you never left and you'll be fine!
  • khadijak17
    Options
    its not the actual weight im afraid of ive been big most of my life only 2 out of 28 years ive actually been slimmer than ever, i dont want somebody to turn around and say omg you've got big again, im the only one out of my mum and sisters that actually changed my habits and got so far i dont want it to seem like im going back to my old ways i guess some of its in my head or most of it is although i doubt anyone else can notice that ive gained a few lbs but i know i may have so thats why i think others will notice and make some kind of comment thats hurtful or off putting x