Treadmill Problems

Does anyone else have problems running on the treadmill? Whenever I try to jog, one of my knees start to hurt and then I have to stop. However, when I'm using the elliptical or stationary bikes or even running around the park I'm fine. Is it just the machine? Any input would be appreciated.

Replies

• MyOwnSunshine
    MyOwnSunshine Posts: 1,312 Member
    Sometimes, when I first start running on the treadmill, I get a sharp pain in my knee or in one of my feet or ankles. Usually if I just keep running for a minute or so, it goes away.

Does your pain go away after a bit, or does it hurt the whole time you're running? Have you tried increasing your incline to .5 or 1%? Some people say that a slight incline is easier on the knees. How about running outside? Do you get pain with that?

Running sucks at first -- on the treadmill or outside. Your body really won't like it until you get used to it, but if you have pain that doesn't go away, you should get checked by a physician before continuing to run.
  • abbzpwn
    abbzpwn Posts: 38 Member
    How painful is it? Maybe you're running on it weird and it's putting too much impact on your knees. Or maybe you need to stretch and warm up more :3 You won't feel it as much on stationary bikes or an elliptical because you're not exactly standing on a stationary bike so there's less tension around your knees. And elliptical kind of glide a little bit for you lol there's not much foot hitting the ground interaction going on there. Try a knee brace while running if stretching/warming up doesn't work out. Or just find another cardio source lol.