Introducing myself /HELP I have no idea how what to eat

Hay, everyone my name is Amanda. I'm a 23 year old military wife. I weigh 262 and I'm 5'2, I gained 50 while I was pregnant a 4 years ago when I was pregnant with my daughter and then another 50 after i had her, I think mainly because we were overseas and I didn't know anyone and my hubby worked 10 hours aday, so I was kind of just stuck in the house or it felt that way anyway. Well anywho we are back in the states now have been for a year time to change things, I don't want to set a bad example for my little girl or feel like who the hecks clothes are these and where did this body come from as I have been for awhile. I have a problem and I was hoping maybe some of you more experienced with dieting/healthy eating could tell me what to buy to get started eating 1370 calories a day, I know six small meals but of what???? And any tips would be much appreciated I want to lose 100lbs-110lbs I'm to dang young for my body to be like this LOL !! SO any advice on what to eat would be greatly appreciated :) thanks Oh and feel free to add me

Replies

• mick8703
    mick8703 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Amanda, welcome to MFP. I dont follow an eating plan specifically, just aware of whats going in my body. Healthy snacks instead of candy bars, cookies, etc. I was never much on breakfast but try for a a piece of fruit, instant oatmeal or a yogurt to give my day a jumpstart. My job doesnt give me access to a "fussy" lunch so a sandwich on wheat or whole grain low cal bread and a baggie( not bag) of chips or crackers. Dinner I shoot for a serving of meat (usually chicken) and a veggie or two. Water,water and more water. Try to limit the prepackaged, high salt lunch meats and frozen dinners. Logging really helps. It doesnt take long to see where and when youre racking up the calories. Log everything, including the couple of bites here and there. They add up.

Just a suggestion, but 1370 calories a day seems a bit low. For your age, weight and height, I would think more like 1500-1600. Try to get as much exercise as you can. Im doing Jillian Michaels 30 Day Shred. About $10 for the dvd or free on youtube. Im really seeing results. But even if you just walking around the neighborhood, it will make a difference. Good luck to you and feel free to add me.
  • StephanieCo3
    StephanieCo3 Posts: 122 Member
    I was 5'4 and 230 at my heaviest. I did the SlimFast plan to lose my first 60lbs and it came off quick. Then I ended up just kind of stuck at 155-165 for a long time, but I was also going through a divorce. Now I'm trying to lose the rest and I'm thinking of trying that 5:2 diet.

As far as the eating plans, I picked up those really thin wheat breads and spread a scoop of peanut butter on it for a meal (when I'm doing 6 small ones) it's like 50 cal for the bread and 150 for the peanut butter. And then I bake chicken breast sometimes and ofc fruit and veggies.
  • RemiLynn79
    RemiLynn79 Posts: 81 Member
    HI Amanda!
    Leslie Sansone has great exercise videos, they are $9 or so at Wal-Mart.
    Also, make sure you drink a TON of water. Avoid over-salty foods, or you will need to drink even more water. I try for close to a gallon a day.
    I don't follow a eating plan either, I eat what I want, but just make sure to stay within your calories.
    Good Luck!
    Send a friend request if you would like!
  • Thanks to all for some of the advice and I recently started doing the Just Walk with Leslie Sampson ! I'm going grocery shopping tommorow so I will be logging starting then! I'm excited to join everyone on a journey to be more healthy !!!